The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Feds try take over not verified

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    When the ammo makers are busing making ammo for the feds they are not making .22
    That is not true, unless the ammo makers are lying to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    That is not true, unless the ammo makers are lying to the public.
    Probably some of each. Corporate, Gov., Retailers, Public all lie. At wallyworld today, severval 50 rnd boxes of .38 125g JHP @ $20. Many .380 95g by several makers, boxes of 50, $15 -20. lots of .45 Auto in different loads. .223 and 5.56 no lack, and plenty of platforms from cheap to TOL. No 9mm today but they have had bulk from Turkey. Say what you want, wallyworld and manufacturers go for cheap and outsourcing is cheap. Don't be surprised to see outsourced .22 hitting the market. These rounds still kill, and we have become a third world market.
    Is it possible that the rest of the world would like to see us all kill ourselves???

Hoarding will top out, and to some degree it has, but profit will prevail. Who wants to produce .22 at very little margin?

BTW There was no line at Walmart
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Buzz-

I hadn't noticed where you're at. My grandparents lived in Howard.

Hugh was the Justice of the peace. Both Hugh and Lennie used to guide for pheasants and she was still doing it well into her eighties. Had German Shorthaired Pointers.

Lotta years ago.

Did you ever get to come out and hunt with them? I hunted with shorthairs for the first time the year before last. They hunted very well with my labs.

That guiding is serious work. I've only done it for charity hunts. Long day, then you get to clean birds...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Howard was in our district for Basketball. They & Wessington Springs were the 2 big town bookends for
    all the other little schools in the district:
    Howard ... a big town? Only in the Dakotas would Howard be considered a "big town". Just looked at Google. They lived right across the street from a marker easily spotted on Google, the swimming pool. From that I would guess that Hugh and Lennie's house is gone.

Eric
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    Always a pleasure Senor Blanco! Yes they did as well as shot two penned bulls and buried the cattle that died from stress of the round-up. Let's not even talk about the desert tortoises they (Feds) have been secretly killing to avoid that tool from being used against them as they frequently use to extort others and easily bypass the courts. The ongoing use of red tape to cost Bundy thousands...as an example making him quarantine his cattle due to the FIRST EVER (in Nevada) recorded case of rabies which was bogus and never even followed proper protocol. What many are supporting Bundy over is the arrogance and abuse of the federal government in this case. It is not about grazing fees or his opinions. Big Money has been trying to buy Bundy out for years. Many have offered much more than the land is worth. Why? It is not just some desert waste land as downplayed by many.

We won't even get into the fact that it was against the law to rustle his cattle. So why after 20 years is it so important to push Bundy out? Normal protocol for judgements is to lien the property and charge interest. To have snipers, illegal rustling, abuse of civil liberties, telling protesters they can use a 25yrd box three miles away on public land is disgustingly ludicrous (ethics).

I am here to tell you people will die if force is used. It was at the brink before the pull-back. This is no joke.
    I'm still wondering how cattle die from the "stress" of round up. I know this question should be addressed to somebody else but who. I grew up with our family running cattle in pastures and moving them at various times of the year ( on the hoof not in cattle trucks ). we never lost a single head of cattle that way. Talk about something smelling !!!!!! Now if they were not allowed to drink as needed they sure would die. How hot is it at this time of year where Bundy lives ? Thanks again for answering some of the previous questions.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    I'm still wondering how cattle die from the "stress" of round up. I know this question should be addressed to somebody else but who. I grew up with our family running cattle in pastures and moving them at various times of the year ( on the hoof not in cattle trucks ). we never lost a single head of cattle that way. Talk about something smelling !!!!!! Now if they were not allowed to drink as needed they sure would die. How hot is it at this time of year where Bundy lives ? Thanks again for answering some of the previous questions.
    85-93 degrees...many youngsters. How do two prized bulls get shot in a pen with the excuse of them possibly goring horses used to rustle cattle?
    Last edited by kjrice; 04-19-2014 at 12:43 AM.
    The problems of today cannot be solved the with same of thinking that created them.

Thumbs down

All those that know about the gas line that know about the gas pipeline to come out of Utah and through GUESS WHERE please raise your hands.

How many know about the area being ripe for weapons grade minerals that Big Defense would love to mine?

How many know about the real possibility of gas and oil fracking in that area?

Suddenly that poor endangered tortoise is not so protected. Oh wait, they have suddenly disappeared due to eradication to prevent "disease" spreading to the healthy ones.
    Last edited by kjrice; 04-19-2014 at 12:38 AM.
    The problems of today cannot be solved the with same of thinking that created them.

Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    All those that know about the gas line that know about the gas pipeline to come out of Utah and through GUESS WHERE please raise your hands.
    The light is dawning. Thank you again.

36 inch line coming through our area......IL to OK. Very quiet about it till it was pretty much a done deal. Cattleman and farmers are not happy. They say this Canadian company acts like they own the land.

JD, sorry but I have no link for you. It's close to Hulah ( lake ) OK at this moment. Bartlesville OK newspaper has only carried one story about it ( after it was already being laid ). Best I can do for your edification. I don't know this but my guess is that it's going to Cushing OK. And I may have read that in the newspaper
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

It's not hard to kill cattle during calving season when you separate new calves from mothers.

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    The light is dawning. Thank you again.

36 inch line coming through our area......IL to OK. Very quiet about it till it was pretty much a done deal. Cattleman and farmers are not happy. They say this Canadian company acts like they own the land.

JD, sorry but I have no link for you. It's close to Hulah ( lake ) OK at this moment. Bartlesville OK newspaper has only carried one story about it ( after it was already being laid ). Best I can do for your edification. I don't know this but my guess is that it's going to Cushing OK. And I may have read that in the newspaper
    They've already been test drilling. Already $1.3 million spent on a fracking auction. BLM frack leases equal $$$$$$$$$$$. I can already see access to my favorite quail hunting grounds being shut off.