The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Franco, Little Closer to Home?

Default Hey Franco, Little Closer to Home?

I know when this was happening to "Tea Party" groups and conservatives it was no big deal.

But what about this????

Ron Paul group to defy IRS
    BY JOEL GEHRKE | APRIL 15, 2014 AT 2:15 PM

Ron Paul's nonprofit Campaign for Liberty will fight the Internal Revenue Service's demand that it reveal its donor list to the agency, despite having already been fined for refusing to do so.

"There is no legitimate reason for the IRS to know who donates to Campaign for Liberty," Megan Stiles, the communications director at Campaign for Liberty, told the Washington Examiner in an email on Tuesday. "We believe the First Amendment is on our side as evidenced by cases such as NAACP v. Alabama and International Union UAW v. National Right to Work. Many 501(c)(4) organizations protect the privacy of their donors in the very same way as Campaign for Liberty. For some reason the IRS has now chosen to single out Campaign for Liberty for special attention. We plan to fight this all the way."

Ron Paul suggested that the group will refuse to pay the IRS fine in an fundraising email to supporters about the agency's request for information.

"Paying this outrageous extortionist fine ó just to exercise our rights as American citizens to petition our government ó may even be cheaper in the short run," he wrote. "But itíll just embolden an alphabet soup of other federal agencies to come after us." Paul's email said that the rule requiring that 501(c)(4)s list their donors is "rarely enforced."

Stiles accused the IRS of trying to silence her organization. "The IRS technically requires donor information from 501(c)(4) organizations and is forbidden by law from releasing it to the public, yet despite this they have 'mistakenly' released the information repeatedly over the years," she wrote. "Often these leaks have been made to political opponents of the conservative groups whose information was leaked. Leaking the donor information is intended to harass and to intimidate those donors from donating to political causes. Campaign for Liberty has refused to provide donor information to the IRS to protect the privacy of our members. Now the IRS has demanded the information and fined Campaign for Liberty for protecting its membersí privacy."
    Stan b & Elvis

The IRS is the instrument of terror that the government uses to keep The People under their thumb.

Since its inception in 1913, the IRS has financed politicians to not only waste The People's money but to also destroy our Freedom and Liberties.

Time for a flat 2% tax on all income as the 76,000+ page Tax Code filled with tax loopholes that serves special interest who in turn finance corrupt politicians.

A Tax Payer revolt is long overdue!
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

rumsf.jpgLetter to the IRS from Donald Rumsfeld.
    Blackfoot's Tide is Right Pistor
    Cacao Yates
    CD RE CGC CPE L-3

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The IRS is the instrument of terror that the government uses to keep The People under their thumb.

Since its inception in 1913, the IRS has financed politicians to not only waste The People's money but to also destroy our Freedom and Liberties.

Time for a flat 2% tax on all income as the 76,000+ page Tax Code filled with tax loopholes that serves special interest who in turn finance corrupt politicians.

A Tax Payer revolt is long overdue!

I agree a revolt is needed but not just over taxes.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

Less Government - More Freedom

Just one example of how the IRS has taken away your Freedoms one year at a time. Today, Americans pay more than ever in all sorts of taxes and fees and yet our government is more and more dysfunctional and "waste" is their middle name.

Just wait until they start managing your Healthcare!

Last edited by Franco; 04-16-2014 at 08:59 AM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

Just one example of how the IRS has taken away your Freedoms one year at a time. Today, Americans pay more than ever in all sorts of taxes and fees and yet our government is more and more dysfunctional and "waste" is their middle name
    I call B S. Federal income taxes paid at all levels are near all time lows. Especially at the high end.

The effective tax rate for corporations is also near all time lows reached in 2010.

The total tax burden in the U S is much lower than any other industrialized nation.

The government work force at all levels is at all time low as a percentage of the population.

Your narrative is fiction.

Henry, the all time low income tax is 0%. Back when government stayed out of their citizens business and pocket books and the federal government answered to the states and not the other way around...thanks Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    I call B S. Federal income taxes paid at all levels are near all time lows. Especially at the high end.

The effective tax rate for corporations is also near all time lows reached in 2010.

The total tax burden in the U S is much lower than any other industrialized nation.

The government work force at all levels is at all time low as a percentage of the population.

I am amazed at how readily some are to give the government a large portion of their income given the waste and mismanagement of The People's money. That they would continue to support Political parties that have created 17.5 TRILLION in debt and growing.

We as a nation did just fine growing our economy pre1913 and the IRS.

Love Rummy's letter and I love the picture on the mail box!!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post

henry v,
    do those like yourself who feel they are not taxed enough, volutarily send in more money than is required? do they refuse the refund that may be due them due to over withholdings? how much additional contribution did you make?

also i read that the obama family had ~$480k in income. i wonder if i would be required to report income on the value of several vacations that each cost millions of dollars, if my employer had provided me with such extravagances?
    Last edited by roseberry; 04-16-2014 at 05:30 PM.
    john mccallie