The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guns

Default Guns

I went to 2 or 3 retail gun stores today. There was no lack of new platforms for sale, and ammo to go with. Handgun ammo available but mostly in personnal protection loads. $$$... Target loads, unavailable.
    I doubt the gov. is buying up .22 standard or .38 wadcutters.
    Thank the "free market".

Why manufacture cheap target ammo when we can maximize profit thru fear. JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 04-15-2014 at 07:30 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

If you were on a survival mission would you rather be packing 1000 rounds of .22 or 1000 rounds of the higher caliber? Try putting a 1000 rounds of .416's in a backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    If you were on a survival mission would you rather be packing 1000 rounds of .22 or 1000 rounds of the higher caliber? Try putting a 1000 rounds of .416's in a backpack.
    Honestly Dan, I would rather not be on a survival mission other than trying to make it to the last series with my dog. Does that make sense to you?
    I watched today at the indoor range while some of the shooters missed consistently on paper targets at 10 feet. I think they just liked the noise, and it made them feel safe. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Honestly Dan, I would rather not be on a survival mission other than trying to make it to the last series with my dog. Does that make sense to you?
    I watched today at the indoor range while some of the shooters missed consistently on paper targets at 10 feet. I think they just liked the noise, and it made them feel safe. JD
    Totally agree with both statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    I wouldn't think that would matter to them. They are already toting 50 lbs of tin foil for replacement caps......

JD, were you at my gun club? We have a bunch of guys who routinely need 2-3 shots from their 9's to knock over a bowling pin at 8 yards. Doesn't stop them from burning 200 or more rounds in an outing, though. They yank the trigger as fast as they can (and I DO mean YANK), pop in another clip and do it again, and again, and again. At least they're safe, though. -Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

I have a couple thousand rounds of .45 ACP FMJ. Thats enough to last about two minutes in my Powder Springs MAC-10/45. I like the noise and it makes me feel good, its also pretty hard to miss with a bullet hose like that.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    I have a couple thousand rounds of .45 ACP FMJ. Thats enough to last about two minutes in my Powder Springs MAC-10/45. I like the noise and it makes me feel good, its also pretty hard to miss with a bullet hose like that.
    One well placed round will quiet the hose.... even .22 JD

One well placed round will quiet the hose.... even .22 JD
    Thats why I stay off the two way range
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    Thats why I stay off the two way range

Reminds me of those two sayings:

Tracers work in both directions.

If he's in range, so are you.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I guess what I noticed today at the gun store/indoor shooting range was the great number of people going to the trunks of their vehicles and removing shooting bags w/ unloaded personal defense weapons in the parking lot. They were prepared to enter the indoor range with weapons unloaded and in their carry bags as per the restrictions of the facility.
    Someone prepared to challenge them at this point could have easily relieved them. But there was no challenge
    Yes, the parking lot had video surveillance, but the pimple-faced, teenage customer service reps inside were not watching the cameras...They wanted to know "what could they show me"...They wanted to "sell".

For those of you that believe gun sales have been restricted....No way...no how...I saw two individuals like dback describes in another thread walk out with a weapon they should not have had. They were laughing and smirking.

JD