The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for g2 EXP transmitter battery

Default Looking for g2 EXP transmitter battery

Could not find one on any of the normal sites. Tried Tritronics, collar clinic, gundog supply and dogs afield. Anyone know where to find one?

Quote Originally Posted by labman63 View Post
    Could not find one on any of the normal sites. Tried Tritronics, collar clinic, gundog supply and dogs afield. Anyone know where to find one?
    They are no longer made and not available, there was a recent discussion about this, I traded in my G2 for a G3 at the Collar Clinic

Thanks Ed but not good news for me. I am right in the middle of Ftp with 4 dogs and battery died

Labman,
    In a nutshell, TT screwed ALL of their G2 customers by making the battery obsolete and un available so that they would all be required to upgrade to a G3. Nice customer support? NOT!

Irishwhistler

Don't look now but G3 is obsolete too. Yes you can still get them from places like Collar Clinic but not for long. You cannot get them from Tri Tronics

Yep all My G3 stuff is going on Ebay befor it goes bad, Bye Bye Garmin/TT didn't like Garmin befor , like them even less now. The least they could have done was keep the batteries consistant with the older models, I just found new batteries for a buddy's 15 year old DT collar and it was available from many locations. I really feel there going to loose alot of customers and long time users over this..

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shaver View Post
    Don't look now but G3 is obsolete too. Yes you can still get them from places like Collar Clinic but not for long. You cannot get them from Tri Tronics
    Will they continue to service the G3 units or are they going by the wayside like the G2?

Quote Originally Posted by RJW View Post
    Will they continue to service the G3 units or are they going by the wayside like the G2?
    They are currently servicing the G3 units.

Quote Originally Posted by RJW View Post

G3 is going by the wayside sooner or later, it is already in process. I just bought a new transmitter from Collar Clinic with two year warranty. Garmin says they have a supply to replace warranty items but would not sell me one. I bought the new one because I lost my old transmitter. Old transmitter was found but will go into storage mode and I will use the new one for at least two years in case I have warranty issues.
    I can understand old models being phased out and new ones coming on line but I don't like the new stuff coming out. The consumer has far less choice in what type of collar suits their needs and all kinds of gobbledygook I don't need all rolled into one collar.
    I am pretty bummed cuz I really like my pro 200 G3 and I don't like the new Garmin replacement. I also do not like Dogtra at all. I think Dogtra is a quality product but I don't like the way it functions. Just hope my current collar works forever or they come to their senses and build a decent collar before mine wears out.
    Last edited by Steve Shaver; 04-16-2014 at 09:23 AM.

Well at least my exp collars will work with a new g3 transmitter.