The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Injured While Training

Quote Originally Posted by brandon a View Post
    I havent had anything serious, but I forgot to take my foot out of a long rope I had on my pup when I sent him on a mark....after him running full blast and about 90 feet of rope dragging across my ankle, you could almost smell the burning flesh.

I step out of the ropes now
    Done that

JT

Quote Originally Posted by suepuff View Post
    Alright Corey....you can't just leave it at that!

We we had finished training one morning and I decided to stick around a while and run some blinds with a young dog. My partner headed home and I thought nothing of it. After placing and running a blind I put the dog back in the truck and noticed I had left my phone inside the truck. There was about 20 missed calls from my partner and a few from his wife. I called him and I could tell something was wrong. He told me he was hurt and at the gate to the property. When I got there I saw him laying on the ground and is truck across the street, through a fence and stopped up against a is located his cattle feeder.
    It seems he had stopped to talk on the phone before opening the gate. The grass in the front pasture was long enough that the truck sat still even in drive. He got out without putting it in park. He said that just as soon as he started opening the gate he turned around to see the truck running him over. He tore his rotator cuff and needed it surgically repaired and had a bunch of cuts and bruises. He is a tough old bastard. Once I went and recovered his truck and did my best to repair the fence enough to keep the cows in, he drove himself home. He was about 72 at the time.
    The truck had a few dents, the gate was destroyed, the fence across the street was damaged but not too bad. I had to go find both property owners and get everything fixed.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Dislocated pinky finger with ruptured tendon.
    Andy

"You can't win until you are not afraid to lose."

Luckydux Cheese And Quackers CD MH - Briezy (7/20/99-4/4/14)
    FTCH AFTCH Luckydux Drakehaven Hot Ticket*** - Ticket
    Luckydux Gave Her Momma Forty Quacks*** - Lizzie
    Luckydux Quacker Jaxx WC JH - Jaxxy
    Luckydux Graham Quacker WC JH -Graham
    Luckydux Penny In A Parking Lot - Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    I was standing up on a 6' step ladder handling on a multi re-entry blind. I fell off landing flat on ground on my head and back but ok.
    Another time not paying attention while reloading a bumper boy and a bumper launched just skimming by my ear. ouch!
    Did this begin by saying "hold my beer and watch this!"??
    Bill Davis