The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm just saying.....!

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Bubba and Two Tall in the last two days. Hell it must be finally spring me and luvmylab90210 been agreeing
    It has certainly been a strange week.

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Funny what people read into things. Yes newbies should be grateful for those who have and continue to give back. They don't have to bow down to them, but they should be grateful. As far as not having an opinion, I don't see where that was put out there, however, if you have never been a part of club leadership or a test committee then it is hard to place much credibility in many statements. It is kind of like me suggesting to a neurosurgeon how to make an incision in someone's back because I have had back surgery.
    Pros writing and posting a self serving letter about the entry problem have little credibility. Someone who runs hunt test and has never be a part of producing the event that suggest there should be a greater supply of test has little credibility.

I have stayed out of this so far but I'm to put my 2 cents in about one of the writers...Lyle has paid his dues a long time ago in this game...He ran his own dogs and judged in the past and served in leadership roles to put on events...I can't speak for others that were a part of the draft....As far as our club goes, we welcome the pros with a truck load of dogs...If not for them we would not be having a test.. We have the room to have a split master so we welcome 80 dog entries...Our problem is when we only have 40 master dogs...12 jr and 8 sr dogs...I don't believe there is a one solution fix to the problem that effect only some clubs...Steve S
    Last edited by steve schreiner; 04-22-2014 at 04:37 PM.
    "Your dog learns as much by doing his work right,by your praise and encouragement, as he does by your displeasure and correction." DLWalters

Quote Originally Posted by steve schreiner View Post
    [/B]

I have stayed out of this so far but I'm to put my 2 cents in about one of the writers...Lyle has paid his dues a long time ago in this game...He ran his own dogs and judged in the past and served in leadership roles to put on events...I can't speak for others that were a part of the draft....As far as our club goes, we welcome the pros with a truck load of dogs...If not for them we would not be having a test.. We have the room to have a split master so we welcome 80 dog entries...Our problem is when we only have 40 master dogs...12 jr and 8 sr dogs...I don't believe there is a one solution fix to the problem that effect only some clubs...Steve S
    Steve...with all due respect, this isn't about Lyle...it's about me. There are some people who believe that I don't have enough skin in the game to have an opinion. I don't agree but that's fine. I wasn't aware that there was a participation requirement to have an opinion...but I guess that's the case. I have been to SEVERAL of your clubs HT's and have ALWAYS been treated famously. I have been to several tests which you have judges and have NEVER felt that my dog was judged harshly because of my participation or lack thereof in the sport. I didn't post my original post to be a target or to get into a pi$$ing match about my qualifications OR those of someone who has obviously put a LOT into the sport...I just wanted to express an opinion based on my experience. I'll try it again.

My dog has been the victim of the limited entry and he has been the cause of other dogs being the victim. I'm not smart enough to know the solution...nor did I offer one. I was simply trying to encourage some ideas so that might result in a discussion that might result in a solution. My thoughts are simply this...maybe we could take some of the pressure off by changing the requirements OR maybe there is someway to change the rules to make it easier on the clubs to make more money, offer more tests and provide more opportunities.

If I have offended with my comments, I apologize and I will probably have to apologize again...the next time.
    HRCH Cas-Hi Through the Dust MH - "Deacon"
    Boomer's Webb Footed Contessa - "Tessa"

Quote Originally Posted by Spag View Post
    ....My dog has been the victim of the limited entry and he has been the cause of other dogs being the victim. I'm not smart enough to know the solution....
    The solution is so simple, that it is heartbreaking.
    In the beginning God created Field Trials, life was good.
    Then, slowly a movement started with the duck hunters and the gunners of the field trials.
    It rose up and one afternoon at the after-party of a field trial, Mr. Spear put pen to paper
    And NAHRA was formed and incorporated in Stowe, Vermont and hunt tests began, life was good. The masses started running hunting dogs. The great akc split happened and UKC formed the hrc, and life was good. Then all these akc people who, because of the Lardy VHS tapes started kicking butt at akc hunt tests. Hunt test Pro’s sprang up and everyone wanted something more. So the Master National was formed, for something more, and life was good. Then the masses all of a sudden that wanted something more needed to qualify for it!!!!! And clubs were overloaded with akc master entries, life started to suck the big weenie of life for you and me and everyone else sitting in a john boat tossing ducks all day for a bag lunch and a moist towellet.
    So that solution that is so simple it is heartbreaking I eluded to?
    All you akc hunt test folks yearning for something more and clawing and scratching to get into year after year your master national and overworking my butt as I sit in the john boat.
    PPPssssst! Hey, next club over has a 25 dog qualifying stake at the field trial they are hosting. Want something more? Frickin Enter It!!!!!
    The Beast has come full circle.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Then, slowly a movement started with the duck hunters and the gunners of the field trials.
    It rose up and one afternoon at the after-party of a field trial, Mr. Spear put pen to paper
    And NAHRA was formed and incorporated in Stowe, Vermont and hunt tests began, life was good. The masses started running hunting dogs. The great akc split happened and UKC formed the hrc, and life was good. Then all these akc people who, because of the Lardy VHS tapes started kicking butt at akc hunt tests. Hunt test Pro’s sprang up and everyone wanted something more. So the Master National was formed, for something more, and life was good. Then the masses all of a sudden that wanted something more needed to qualify for it!!!!! And clubs were overloaded with akc master entries, life started to suck the big weenie of life for you and me and everyone else sitting in a john boat tossing ducks all day for a bag lunch and a moist towellet.
    All you akc hunt test folks yearning for something more and clawing and scratching to get into year after year your master national and overworking my butt as I sit in the john boat.
    PPPssssst! Hey, next club over has a 25 dog qualifying stake at the field trial they are hosting. Want something more? Frickin Enter It!!!!!

Haha!! True... And the NAHRA clubs have room for a few entries too without the hassle of entries closing before you can get entered.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    But there won't be a qualified judge for my pro to run our co-owned dog because we aren't married...
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER JH -- Reggie

Seems to me like there needs to be a few big ass tests that are strictly for MN qualifying to take the load off the club tests...maybe put on by the MN group.

If passing the MN counted as two qualifying passes for the next year, or three?
    Fritz Baier
    owned, trained and handled by:

GMHRCH-II MPR Baier's Mighty Waldimar
    MHR CPR Baier's Lady Gabrielle
    4 X GMPR MHR Baier's Lady Legacy of Tru Point MH Certified Therapy Dog

Ha! I like Mr. Bora's analogy. "The beast has come full circle"! Amen.
    South Ark Retrievers

Quote Originally Posted by limiman12 View Post
    If passing the MN counted as two qualifying passes for the next year, or three?
    Good idea, but take it further. Why make a dog that qualified (passes) at the MN qualify for the following year? Does anyone think a dog that qualified for and passed a MN one year is somehow not qualified to run it the next year without passing a bunch of master test to prove it is qualified? What would happen to that dog that passed the MN in a years time that would make him unqualified other than old age or injury?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke