The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Putin do for us....

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    If we have to lose Alaska to lose Sarah, let it be done,,,She might look good shirtless and horseback ...

PS. We could make an RTF PP bracket, Then we could all understand....
    JD, we would all have to be at the big Denver pot rally (inhaling) to get much of your blather.
    Bill Davis

Sorry, I meant obtuse. But I wansn't responding to you, so no worry...
    Just watched Shawshank Redemption for the thousandth time. Using the word Obtuse gets you thrown in the hole for a month.

Don't know what Putin can do right, except give back Bob Kraft his Super Bowl ring he stole.
    I don't think I smell like a brewery. I was drinking Scotch.

Oh, I know....Putin can give Obama a lesson in leadership seeing he is much more skilled at that then our dear leader is.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

With a society that has so many 'it's all about me' folks, I doubt Putin's actions will be the cause everyone will rally around. IMHO.
    What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post
    With a society that has so many 'it's all about me' folks, I doubt Putin's actions will be the cause everyone will rally around. IMHO.
    I don't know GaryJ. The question was purely rhetorical.
    The dicotomy of pre-WWII and WWI was in a way the same.
    Some saw a threat. others didn't.
    A direct attack on Pearl Harbor though galvanized a county and a generation.
    Events as they unfold in Eastern Europe, may or may not involve us directly, but it is an entirely different scenario than ME countries that truly did not threaten us.
    Are Putin and Russia emboldened by our actions there?

Will Putin awaken a sleeping giant, or simply aggravate a dysfunctional family?

Is that his goal?
    Last edited by JDogger; 04-23-2014 at 08:13 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

I agree it was a direct attack that galvanized the country. We stayed on the sidelines until then. I think Putin is emboldened by the actions or in-actions of the current administration. And yes it is a different situation in Europe and the Middle East today than it was 75 years ago. IMHO I don't think the Bman is respected by leaders of other countries which may contribute to their actions.
    What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Events as they unfold in Eastern Europe, may or may not involve us directly, but it is an entirely different scenario than ME countries that truly did not threaten us.

Will Putin awaken a sleeping giant, or simply aggravate a dysfunctional family
    ?

Is that his goal?
    Excellent Question JD: History shows that the US comes together when attacked...BUT this is a different dynamic..the country is weary of being policeman, tired of sending men/women to foreign lands to spill blood for ungrateful nations..With the nation being as dysfunctional and politically,ideologically split, it wouldnt take much to start an internal strife and make us very vulnerable while we argue on the front porch for someone to ransack the house and out the back door...

Its been said that if the US were to crumble it would do so from within, IMHO the American spirit will never allow someone from another country to come in and conquer them...But we sure are making it damn easy by all the bickering and partisan politics and corruption

Putin is no dummy, he is dangerous because his opponent is weak and has a dysfunctional system behind him..My guess is we put up very little opposition and do the obligatory saber rattling and Ukraine gets over run
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Will Putin awaken a sleeping giant, or simply aggravate a dysfunctional family?

Is that his goal?
    We would first have to have a president who has a pair of nuts bigger than 7 1/2 shot before we will even consider doing anything consequential to Putin.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

Continental Europe at this point has zero desire to stop him. Until when and if the big guns of the EU (Germany and France) feel threatened Putin will have his way. Right now they are more concerned about having their Natural gas shut off than a land grab by Putin. Leave them to it. The majority of the public in Great Britain oppose being part of the EU anyway so they want nothing to do with it and hope the EU blows up.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    We would first have to have a president who has a pair of nuts bigger than 7 1/2 shot before we will even consider doing anything consequential to Putin.
    Have to agree, Obama's got testicles the same size as Junior's brain.