The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duluth Trading Co- apparel

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Gunners Up : I do like those training grounds ,I see a couple of angled keyhole blinds through the trees
    Bon,

That's part of the RockErin training complex in Stillwater, OK. We are really fortunate to have it here. Unbelievably nice property. Just need some rain!!!!
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I got some of DTC's stuff - it's OK but none is made in the USA. When I noticed that
    I no longer open the catalog. The fire hose jeans are heavy but take the skin off the
    back of your hand when digging in the pocket.

Nothing is inexpensive any more - Sierra Trading used to be, no longer are.
    I went to my first Sierra Trading Post last year in Cheyenne WY. when I met up with ABIII, it was VERY expensive, the new Sportsmen Warehouse was still under construction, so I shopped at the Murdoch's around the corner and had a great time
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I love Duluth's jeans and I have some of their long sleeve Henley t's and some thermal tops. All of their stuff wears like iron and fits well. No experience with the pants you are asking about, but the clothes I have gotten from Duluth I highly recommend!.
    Andy

"You can't win until you are not afraid to lose."

Luckydux Cheese And Quackers CD MH - Briezy (7/20/99-4/4/14)
    FTCH AFTCH Luckydux Drakehaven Hot Ticket*** - Ticket
    Luckydux Gave Her Momma Forty Quacks - Lizzie
    Luckydux Quacker Jaxx WC JH - Jaxxy
    Luckydux Graham Quacker WC JH -Graham
    Luckydux Penny In A Parking Lot - Penny

As for the pants I am not a big fan but do like the shirts. Gunners Up I do like the grounds!

Duluth makes good products across the board.

DTC's medium weight wool blend socks are the toughest and best I have owned, and I love wool socks enough to wear them with sandals.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunners Up View Post
    Bon,

Check out Mountain Khakis Equater Pants. I love these things and they are incredibly comfortable and well built.

http://www.mountainkhakis.com/produc...orial-pant.cfm

Their Original Mountain Pant is hard to beat for training or hunting. In the winter I practically live in mine.

All the best,

Richard
    Thanks for this. I checked it out and found that they have long inseam pants for Ladies. I just got a pair, they fit great. Now I got choices besides Eddie Bauer's "Blakey" fit.
    Renee P

Renee,

Your welcome! I like their gear. It's rugged holding up while hunting and training and looks good at a trial or on date night!

RD
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    has anyone here actually used any of their apparel, specifically their Quick Dry pants or shorts ?

I have been loyal to Columbia and Ex Officio is a touch out of my price range, but was looking at the pants or shorts as my summer training pants

Also interested in how their T shirts fit and wear but will be hard pressed to give up the Under Armour stuff
    I have a shirt and a pair of firehose pants. I don't like the shirt all that much, but I like the pants. I like mountain khakis better though. MK makes a nylon type blend pant that is pretty light and dries fast as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    Mountain Khaki is out of Jackson Hole in about the same way Texas Pete is out of Texas. Not at all. Founded and headquartered in Charlotte, NC buy a couple of guys who sold their web development firm to iXL in the dotcom days. The Jackson stuff is just part of the branding to make the country club set feel good about paying twice the price for Carhartt knock-offs and to allow the backers to write off ski trips. The pants were originally made in NC but I think they have moved overseas with growth--still shipped into and out of a warehouse in Gastonia, NC. It is now owned by Freedom Group with a HQ in Madison, NC.

Their early marketing campaign of spamming serious fly fishing message boards like the Drake with countless "best pants ever" posts have made them something of a negative internet meme in the FF world.
    Never heard of this and I am on several fly fishing forums. I wouldn't consider them Carhartt knockoffs either. Are Wranglers a Levis knockoff?