Derby results
    1st 8 Lance Brown
    2nd 13 Jim Stevenson
    3rd 14 Gwen Jones
    4 rth 3 Trey Lawrence
    RJ 2 Steve Yozamp
    Jam 1,6,10,11
    Brooks Gibson

Bad things happen when you ask common dogs to do uncommon things.

Congratulations, Lanse, Gwen and Trey as well as other placements and jams.

Quote Originally Posted by john h. View Post
    Congratulations, Lanse, Gwen and Trey as well as other placements and jams.
    Jim Stevenson is a young gentleman who is running his first AKC Derby with a very nice dog. He came from hunt tests, he is a very nice person and I CONGRATULATE him. If the snobs and politicians allow this seed to flourish the sport will benefit greatly. I did not know that Lips and I had won. I enter when I feel the judges are honest and know dog behavior so only this am at 4:30 did I read it. Ironically it was yesterday that I asked Jim that if he ever was asked to judge a Derby/Qualifying that I would like it if he would ask me to join him. Like Mike Crows 1st recently in the Amateur I has happier for Mike than Nora's 2nd that qualified her. To see Jim succeed only tells me that the true Amateur can train and live with his own dog. Very refreshing for me. He joins the Memphis positive group-Jason,Mark,Walt,Andy and others whom I am unaware of. The sport has gained . Congratulations Jim and Tex.

Any word on the open, Am, or Q?

Q callbacks to WB

Open Call backs to LB

3-7-9-10-11-12-14-15-16-22-24-26-27-28-29-31-36-37-38-39-41-42-43-47-48-50-51-52-53-54-57-58-59-63-68-70-72-74

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    Jim Stevenson is a young gentleman who is running his first AKC Derby with a very nice dog. He came from hunt tests, he is a very nice person and I CONGRATULATE him. If the snobs and politicians allow this seed to flourish the sport will benefit greatly. I did not know that Lips and I had won. I enter when I feel the judges are honest and know dog behavior so only this am at 4:30 did I read it. Ironically it was yesterday that I asked Jim that if he ever was asked to judge a Derby/Qualifying that I would like it if he would ask me to join him. Like Mike Crows 1st recently in the Amateur I has happier for Mike than Nora's 2nd that qualified her. To see Jim succeed only tells me that the true Amateur can train and live with his own dog. Very refreshing for me. He joins the Memphis positive group-Jason,Mark,Walt,Andy and others whom I am unaware of. The sport has gained . Congratulations Jim and Tex.
    say whatever you want about Lanse.....but that post right there is what Good Sportmanship is all about...very classy...the sport definitely needs a mass infusion of that...
    All my Exes live in Texas

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Lanse, thank you for the very kind words. I would consider it an honor and a privilege to learn how to be a good judge from you.

Congratulations to you and Lips. It was good to see both of you again this weekend.

Jim Stevenson
    Last edited by Jim Stevenson; 04-26-2014 at 08:11 PM. Reason: syntax

Congrats to u Jim and Lanse also.
    Brooks Gibson

Also congrats to Ron Ainley on winning the Q and Brad Knight for third. Good job, guys. Thanks to Scott and Landon Jinks for all their hard work this weekend and to Chris Atkinson for throwing a bird so we could finish on Saturday.
    Brooks Gibson