The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Barkley

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    Charles Barkley has stated the NBA is a black league. This is just as racist as the owner of the Clippers. Why is Barkley's comments not all over the media? Why is the POTUS not making comments against Barkley's comments?

Double standard raises its head again.

My rant is over

Richard
    Not even close! Anyone who doesn't get Barkley's point is not thinking. The NBA is occupied by an overwhelming majority of black players. To acknowledge that is no more a racist remark that to say the NHL is a "white" league.

Now, if he had admonished and tried to intimidate his black friends to not bring any white guys to a game or be seen with a white guy in public, etc., you may have had a point. But he didn't.

Charles doesn't need any help putting his foot in his mouth. There's not much of a filter between his brain and his mouth. But he is in the entertainment business and,like him or not, I think he IS entertaining. I always look forward to his interviews on the DP Show. Furthermore, I think he is usually on the right side of things.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    In the sense that 80 % of the NBA is made up of Black Athletes it's true. Is that racist? I suppose if we were color blind we would say the NBA is made up of 100 % great athletes. .
    to start today, you are a great athlete. Black or white does not matter.
    BUT, I feel. we will never see a starting 5, like the team I cheered on back when I played the game in 7th, 8th and 9th grade.
    Let "The Chuck" try and lounge in the paint with these guys comming at him!!!!

Last edited by Ken Bora; 04-28-2014 at 11:53 AM.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Black or white, no matter. I LOVED IT when the Chief knocked Lanier on his ass!

Right, Buzz?

JS
    Last edited by JS; 04-28-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

... at the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Black or white, no matter. I LOVED IT when the Chief knocked Lanier on his ass!

Right, Buzz?

JS
    Was that Bob Lanier, or Bill Laimbeer?

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Was that Bob Lanier, or Bill Laimbeer?
    Right, Marc. Senior moment here ... LaimBeer.

Hated those Pistons.

JS

... at the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Right, Marc. Senior moment here ... LaimBeer.

Hated those Pistons.

JS
    Hey Jack, The Chief {as well as anybody} would have been a little overmatched trying to put Lanier on his ass; that guy had a firm foundation!!
    Laimbeer was a flopper, who would flop with a small breeze; who needed put on his ass

I know CBarkley, I met him a few years back through my golf buddies, he had the biggest grips I have ever seen on a set of golf clubs, they were the size of a small baseball bats, when he sits in a golf cart he is a true widebody, my pal Sandy could barely fit in the seat next to him..

He is actually more politically astute than most would think, as are most of the professional golfers that I know on the PGA Tour, after all these guys are making millions, and they pay attention to where their money goes, they are also surrounded by very rich guys on Pro Am days and listen when these guys talk business and politics..

As a lifelong LAKER fan I dont like CB on the court but he was a heck of a baller and has always been nice to me off the court and he is what I call brutally honest, sometimes downright blunt
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I know CBarkley, I met him a few years back through my golf buddies, he had the biggest grips I have ever seen on a set of golf clubs, they were the size of a small baseball bats, when he sits in a golf cart he is a true widebody, my pal Sandy could barely fit in the seat next to him..

He is actually more politically astute than most would think, as are most of the professional golfers that I know on the PGA Tour, after all these guys are making millions, and they pay attention to where their money goes, they are also surrounded by very rich guys on Pro Am days and listen when these guys talk business and politics..

As a lifelong LAKER fan I dont like CB on the court but he was a heck of a baller and has always been nice to me off the court and he is what I call brutally honest, sometimes downright blunt
    And somewhat of a racist himself with many of the comments he has made over the years... But double standards being what they are...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    And somewhat of a racist himself with many of the comments he has made over the years... But double standards being what they are...
    Never said he wasnt or without faults, but look at his situation, a black athlete playing in the south at Auburn, and then Philly and then traded like a piece of meat around the league...

Remember CB is the one who said "...dont make me a role model for your kids..." or something to that effect...

The NBA needs to invoke a Marge Schott type rule to deal with Donald Sterling, he is a racist , just ask Elgin Baylor....
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    After reading two full pages of replies to this tread I am convinced of one thing. There is a double standard with everyone. If anyone came out and said this is white anything they would be hung out to dry.

Choco town is a prime example. You heard almost nothing about it. Let a white man say anything like that and he is classified a racist.

Double standards are rampant and will continue until people of all colors and creeds realize prejudice goes both ways equally and it will not be tolerated equally. Currently it only goes one way and the responses on this thread prove it.

Richard