The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Barkley

Does anyone else have a problem with a private conversation on private property (his living room??) becoming public without his consent? speaking of slippery slopes.
    where are the libertarians and liberals on this?

Quote Originally Posted by aandw View Post
    Does anyone else have a problem with a private conversation on private property (his living room??) becoming public without his consent? speaking of slippery slopes.
    Damn straight!
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Adam Silver stepped up to the plate and hit a grand slam. He took a three pointer and buried it. He did the right thing as a human being.

Retired NBA commissioner, David Stern, enabled Donald Sterling for thirty years. The entire LA area knew this man was a racist, yet even the NAACP took his money and gave him awards. It is amazing that the NBA tolerated this man. It does seem money can buy you everything except compassion for your fellow man.

It is ironic that his downfall was the same as Nixon's. He wanted to document his words on tape. It says something to some part of himself wanting to be punished by public humiliation. Maybe some part of him does feel bad that he has led his life in this manner.

If we were all born with the same skin color we would find another way to think we were better then the next guy. There is something about being human that can't accept the fact we all full of mistrust for those we do not have the same culture as. Maybe one day humans will move on from discrimination in every form. Today another hurdle was taken on without backing down to possible legal action. The NBA did the right thing, the only thing that could be done.

Sports are a great way to understand your fellow man. When sportsmanship takes a higher place then the money earned, the world becomes a better place.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by aandw View Post
    there are various reports that Sterling liked having the "GF" record his conversations sp as to remind him of what he said...You just have to believe that a video is somewhere on her iPhone doing the nasty...Why else would the estranged wife be suing the dirty mistress, who apparently has a book deal already in the works

unfortunately the only private conversation or one that is off the record is the one that never takes place
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    The commissioner has ABSOLUTE power because he answers to the Owners and the Collective Bargaining Agreement

two years ago the former Commish David Stern voided a trade that would have sent Chris Paul to the Lakers...ironically he did allow a trade of Paul to the Clippers..what makes this whole scenario even more bizarre for the tinfoil hat crowd is that Chris Paul is now the President of the NBA Players Assoc..Stern never had the guts that Adam Silver showed today.

I dont think Silver will declare all the Clippers free agents but the individual Clippers players may be able to petition to have their contracts voided citing a hostile work environment or some other clause depending on what the CBA has in it..

The league will basically make Sterling a pariah and no owner in his right mind will vote with him. BUT as Mark Cuban of the Mavs stated they may have started down a slippery slope with this action...It will all be decided in the courts, the judicial one and the court of public opinion which has already rendered their verdict
    It is a very small world and Sterling has been a owner a long time. Thus he will likely throw a lot of dirt around on other owners if he decides to go down swinging about the racist statements. If you would vote to make him sell you better be clean.

Now did John Kerry's statement on Israel have racial connotations? Yes, but the double standard was applied and many will likely need to google to find out what he said Friday.

In my opinion, it's a pretty sad state of affairs when a man serving the US Army can walk into an Army facility and kill a dozen or more unsuspecting soldiers in the name of Allah, yet get more due process than a man having a private (no matter how politically incorrect or hateful) conversation from his home.
    Bill Davis

http://time.com/79590/donald-sterlin...jabbar-racism/
    Kareem Abdul Jabar had a very balanced commentary on this whole menage.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    That was one of the best written examples of sportsmanship as well as statesmanship that I have read in a long time, thanks for posting it!
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    i read this also, great article.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    In my opinion, it's a pretty sad state of affairs when a man serving the US Army can walk into an Army facility and kill a dozen or more unsuspecting soldiers in the name of Allah, yet get more due process than a man having a private (no matter how politically incorrect or hateful) conversation from his home.
    i agree.
    IMO, there is nothing to gain politically with the shooting. but you can sell more cds, get on talk shows and get votes by bashing angry old white men.