The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Barkley

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://time.com/79590/donald-sterlin...jabbar-racism/
    Kareem Abdul Jabar had a very balanced commentary on this whole menage.
    I agree... Posted this in post 34
    Bill Davis

Even though KAJ article was spot on, many of you missed the fact that he was/spoke at the news conference along with Kevin Johnson,Steve Nash, and Roger Mason...his stance at the news conference was a different tone than his article/op ed
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Even though KAJ article was spot on, many of you missed the fact that he was/spoke at the news conference along with Kevin Johnson,Steve Nash, and Roger Mason...his stance at the news conference was a different tone than his article/op ed
    Sure... He got pressure from his "brothers". Same with Mark Cuban.
    Bill Davis

Something tells me this is no where close to being over as long as the old geezer stays coherent. He's not the type to just lay down and take it. However, he would be much better off to just say screw it and sell. I guess at that age though he might say to hell with the money one last lawsuit fight.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

So if the commissioner had real basket(balls) he would of voided the Clipper player contracts. Then we could see who would walk and who just wants to whine. This is not the first time this old man has shown he is a bigot, but now all of a sudden everyone is acting surprised. The coaches and the players are not any better than the girlfriend, all jumped in bed with him for the money. They should all be embarrassed about their own conduct. He is a loud mouth old man and I'm sure he is not the only trash talker in the league. The fines are as big a joke as all the sanctions used against other countries. Cheap talk with no meat.

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    The commissioner has ABSOLUTE power because he answers to the Owners and the Collective Bargaining Agreement

two years ago the former Commish David Stern voided a trade that would have sent Chris Paul to the Lakers...ironically he did allow a trade of Paul to the Clippers..what makes this whole scenario even more bizarre for the tinfoil hat crowd is that Chris Paul is now the President of the NBA Players Assoc..Stern never had the guts that Adam Silver showed today.

I dont think Silver will declare all the Clippers free agents but the individual Clippers players may be able to petition to have their contracts voided citing a hostile work environment or some other clause depending on what the CBA has in it..

The league will basically make Sterling a pariah and no owner in his right mind will vote with him. BUT as Mark Cuban of the Mavs stated they may have started down a slippery slope with this action...It will all be decided in the courts, the judicial one and the court of public opinion which has already rendered their verdict

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    It is a very small world and Sterling has been a owner a long time. Thus he will likely throw a lot of dirt around on other owners if he decides to go down swinging about the racist statements. If you would vote to make him sell you better be clean.

Now did John Kerry's statement on Israel have racial connotations? Yes, but the double standard was applied and many will likely need to google to find out what he said Friday.
    Well, I googled it and there he was, using the "A" word. Interestingly, I have just recently watched "The Case for Israel" on Netflix, a very interesting documentary, I highly recommend it. Lots of stuff I was not aware of. The "A" word was bandied about some in that too. I am new to Netflix streaming, but purchased a Roku device just before Christmas this year. Really love it. Lots of great stuff, some really good documentaries (the afore mentioned "TCFI", one on nuclear power "Pandora's Promise", a couple about wind power, and so on).
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    menmon....speaking of Affirmative Action is it only one way? What is your logical argument on this? What about Hispanic and White players? What about Black NBA owners, only one now?

AA is a 'slippery slope'.....do you really want to slide down that slope? For me let the best player and owners play. If an owner discriminates (which is illegal) and does not draft Black players, over time, he will be identified as breaking the law and they would throw him out....but AA is a crock and it always was!
    I don't like afirmative action but as long as employers exist like this guy there is arguemnt for having it.

I had really thought we had grown past it, but the last 6 years has really brought to the surface the racism that still exist in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    I don't like afirmative action but as long as employers exist like this guy there is arguemnt for having it.

I had really thought we had grown past it, but the last 6 years has really brought to the surface the racism that still exist in this country.
    mike is soooooo right. and all us "angry old white guys" are tired of being subjected to it!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post

Racism has gotten worse in the past six years primarily because of six people who use it to promote their own agenda.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Racism has gotten worse in the past six years primarily because of six people who use it to promote their own agenda.
    They use it as a SWORD & A SHIELD!!!
    Stan b & Elvis