The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Judicial Watch: Benghazi Documents Point to White House on Misleading Talking Points

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    I understand the frustration and outrage over 4 lost American lives and the political BS.
    What I don't understand is why many of the partisan "Republicans can do no wrong crowd", is where is the outrage over the 12 Benghazi type attacks that occured on Bush;s watch resulting in the loss of 60 American lives?
    More importantly where is the outrage over all the lies and falsified or ignored intelligence that could have prevented 911 in the first place?
    He ignored {and tried to cover up} intelligence reports of the turban wearing Arab 911 perpetrators taking flight school lessons out in Arizona weeks before 911. They didn't want to learn take off or landing procedures. But only how to guide a jet in flight. That is pretty much a major red flag that should have been acted on!! History shows that error in judgement cost us dearly, and resulted in the worst terrorist attack ever in the US. Where was your outrage for that?

He compounded his errors by starting a campaign to rally support for an invasion of Iraq. He used false Intel stating that the Iraqi's had WMD's and were behind 911. He ignored and minimized contrary Intel, which as it turned out was accurate. This led us into a never ending series of wars that have cost loss of security and personal freedoms, 100,000's of lives and trillions of dollars that almost led to an economic collapse!! Where is your outrage?

He ignored the UN weapons inspectors whose job it was to verify Iraq's WMD situation; who it turned out were accurate.
    He even outed as a spy the wife of a journalist who disagreed and argued with their false Intel. Turned out that journalist was accurate also. Where was your patriotic outrage?

In response to that fiasco they initiated a desperate coverup of lies and deception. They eventually set up Scooter Libby as the fall guy for them. When he was tried and convicted in a court of law, Mr Bush gave him a presidential pardon. Where was your patriotic outrage?

Seems to me that many of us are more concerned with partisanship rather than Patriotism when it comes to what behavior we deem to be outrageous Our country would be better off if we would concentate on being good Americans as opposed to being good Republicans or Democrats. We should hold our elected officials feet to the fire when they screw up, regardless of any ideological afiliations we feel we may share with them
    Marc : you are a bright guy, but Libby did NOT receive a Presidential pardon..

On December 10, 2007, Libby's lawyers announced that he would drop his appeal of his conviction in the case, leaving intact his remaining sentence and fine and leaving on his record his felony conviction, on condition of a full presidential pardon.[24] The next day, December 11, 2007, Bush issued 29 pardons but did not include Libby among them
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Marc : you are a bright guy, but Libby did NOT receive a Presidential pardon..
    Technically correct Bon, he didn't recieve a full pardon. However he did get his felony sentence commuted by W, and didn't have to serve time he was sentenced to for the felony crime he was convicted of

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    I understand the frustration and outrage over 4 lost American lives and the political BS.
    What I don't understand is why many of the partisan "Republicans can do no wrong crowd", is where is the outrage over the 12 Benghazi type attacks that occured on Bush;s watch resulting in the loss of 60 American lives?
    More importantly where is the outrage over all the lies and falsified or ignored intelligence that could have prevented 911 in the first place?
    He ignored {and tried to cover up} intelligence reports of the turban wearing Arab 911 perpetrators taking flight school lessons out in Arizona weeks before 911. They didn't want to learn take off or landing procedures. But only how to guide a jet in flight. That is pretty much a major red flag that should have been acted on!! History shows that error in judgement cost us dearly, and resulted in the worst terrorist attack ever in the US. Where was your outrage for that?

He compounded his errors by starting a campaign to rally support for an invasion of Iraq. He used false Intel stating that the Iraqi's had WMD's and were behind 911. He ignored and minimized contrary Intel, which as it turned out was accurate. This led us into a never ending series of wars that have cost loss of security and personal freedoms, 100,000's of lives and trillions of dollars that almost led to an economic collapse!! Where is your outrage?

He ignored the UN weapons inspectors whose job it was to verify Iraq's WMD situation; who it turned out were accurate.
    He even outed as a spy the wife of a journalist who disagreed and argued with their false Intel. Turned out that journalist was accurate also. Where was your patriotic outrage?

In response to that fiasco they initiated a desperate coverup of lies and deception. They eventually set up Scooter Libby as the fall guy for them. When he was tried and convicted in a court of law, Mr Bush gave him a presidential pardon. Where was your patriotic outrage?

Seems to me that many of us are more concerned with partisanship rather than Patriotism when it comes to what behavior we deem to be outrageous Our country would be better off if we would concentate on being good Americans as opposed to being good Republicans or Democrats. We should hold our elected officials feet to the fire when they screw up, regardless of any ideological afiliations we feel we may share with them
    If you are suggesting that I am part of that crowd you would be mistaken.

In fact, the only people here that give blanket pardons for any type behavior (in this case LIEING for poltical gain) are those kneeling at the altar of OBama!

Having said that, you claim Bush lied 10 years ago or so and are still angry about it.
    Why a pass for Obama??
    Stan b & Elvis

Bottom line. Obama and his staff of appointees are corrupt. When any man or woman put our citizens in harms way or fail to react to their being under fire from the enemy they should not be left in power.

Obama should be impeached and as Nixon was be forced to resign. Yet then we'd have Biden who is worse then Barry.
    “I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot.” ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Its well documented that those "errors" prior to 9/11 were due to laws that prohibited FBI/CIA/NSA and other intel orgs from sharing data which was a long standing law.Really Dan, you got that documentation? I think it's pretty well known that GW had an intel report given to him about the terrorists taking flying lessons, which he ignored. Probably too busy running off for a photo op of cutting brush at the Crawford ranch in Texas The Patriot Act "fixed" that and then opened up a whole new Pandora's Box. !!I guess your right that Patriot Act thing that GW passed was really wonderful!! Go ahead and hang your hat on that Of any of the incidents that happened during Bush's years did he or his stuff come out and say it was not terrorism and it was because of some silly video? Guess in your world the fact that his lies were different than Obama's lies makes them excusable, huh? Does the fact that Obama's lies were after the fact and dealt with an incident that cost 4 lives and resulted from bad feelings towards wars resulting from GW's foreign policy decisions; whereas GW's lies were to deceive us into entering future wars and are still ongoing and to date have cost 100,000's of lives & have cost trillions of dollars and ruined our economy make any difference? When you say "He" in your statements do you include all the Dems that also said that Iraq had WMDs and voted for the war??? Including the Clinton's during their tenure, including Saddam himself who said he had WMDs, which as was said at the time were swiftly moved to Syria, who by the way just a few months ago used WMDs on their own people. Coincidence??? HMMMLet me ask you Dan, who was in charge of and presented the FALSE intel and ignored the accurate Intel to the world and lobbied and led the campaign towards war? If you find a house to buy and the seller presents you with "Intel" reports from exterminators and geologists stating that the house is built on bedrock and termite free. You buy the house and later find out it is on a fault line and riddled with termites. Who is the bad guy here, the seller who presented you with false "intel" or you for believing it? It appears to me that you still believe the WMD lie. Does it not matter to you that your "patriot" GW admitted there were no WMD's a decade or so ago?
    My comments above in red
    Dan you made an effort to justify many of GW's actions. You didn't address the outing a spy issue. That's TREASON in most peoples book. Ianxiousl await to hear your justification on that as well as your {non partisan & objective }response to my comments above

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    If you are suggesting that I am part of that crowd you would be mistaken.

In fact, the only people here that give blanket pardons for any type behavior (in this case LIEING for poltical gain) are those kneeling at the altar of OBama!

Having said that, you claim Bush lied 10 years ago or so and are still angry about it.
    Why a pass for Obama??
    Show me where I give a pass to Obama. Did you read the first line of my post?
    IMHO we have had two of the worst Pres as leader of this country for the past 13+ years. That is a long time and has hurt us greatly. We need a true leader and statesman now more than ever. My fear is that there is requisite partisanship and beholden attitude to special interest groups that control our political landscape that is required to get political support to be a viable candidate.. I believe the voters not UNIVERSALLY holding politicians feet to the fire for screw ups because of blind partisanship is a huge detriment to getting resposive representative leadership for the best interests America. As opposed to what we now have which is the best interests of the connected special interests

One question for Healy and other libs here... why do you insist on changing the subject to Pres. Bush (who has been retired for 6 years) a thread comes up that is critical of Obama?

Pointing out a wrong in another doesn't justify the behavior of the current administration. Obama has been there long enough to take the heat. Especially since his actions cost American lives at worst, and deceived Americans for political gain at best.

By constantly changing the subject, you are just making yourselves appear that you are afraid of discussing the real, current issue... which is Obama on the hot seat for Benghazi.
    Bill Davis

Bush made plenty of mistakes, lied or whatever you want to call it. Somebody should (ie Dumbocrats) have held him accountable, either they didn't try, didn't want to, or couldn't. Awhile ago in this or another post, I said bring on the investigations, for everyone in government suspected of wrongdoings. Burn em down.......hold SOMEBODY accountable for SOMETHING! Maybe these "witch hunts" will deter some of the behavior that is consider the political norm to DC and considered grotesque and wrong to us citizens. This administration has had it's feet held to the fire, and their toes are starting to smoke, and rightfully so. Bush? The time to hold him accountable has passed (whether right or wrong), so keep holding onto your collection of Bush voo-doo dolls and keep sticking pins in them. Like some attitudes here, it will do no good......except to make it seem like you have an argument that Obama did nothing wrong.
    Jonathon

“Write your own book instead of reading someone else’s book about success” H. Brooks

I will never understand the, "yeah well, your guy did x, y, and z" argument to defend the other guy.
    And not only did the Obama administration lie about it for political purposes, he and his cronies went after Romney and his statements on the matter to try and make him look bad. Remember the Romney presser where the reporters were recorded beforehand making sure that they all asked the same questions.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    I will never understand the, "yeah well, your guy did x, y, and z" argument to defend the other guy.
    And not only did the Obama administration lie about it for political purposes, he and his cronies went after Romney and his statements on the matter to try and make him look bad. Remember the Romney presser where the reporters were recorded beforehand making sure that they all asked the same questions.
    what about Obama's sanctimonious reply at the debate?

(with help from "ate the Candy" Crawley)
    Bill Davis