The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Botched Okla. execution today

charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Why don't they just use an OD of morphine? Seems like that would be much simpler.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Since following the Constitution in being questioned daily, then why is this even an issue? What does it matter if he suffered? When we get back to follow the Constitution then I will go back to caring about the proper way to carry out an execution.

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    Since following the Constitution in being questioned daily, then why is this even an issue? What does it matter if he suffered? When we get back to follow the Constitution then I will go back to caring about the proper way to carry out an execution.

Terri
    because those that are anti death penalty ( of which I am NOT a member) will again bring out the argument that the penalty itself constitutes Cruel and Unusual Punishment..all the while glossing over the fact that most that are sentenced to the death penalty themselves subjected their victims to the same punishment...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I am a big fan of either public hangings, the electric chair or the gas chamber. All three are quick, painful and puts the perp in the uncomfortable position of waiting for the switch to be pulled. They will feel a small part of what their victims must have felt. We as a nation need to stop be concerned about their little feelings. Were they one bit concern about the feeling of their victims. A bog no on the that one.

I am glad he died of a heart attack. He has paid for crimes against his victims. One of which was 11 months olds if I read the article correctly.

Now the system needs to finish the job with the other heartless criminal and send him to his final judgment.

Richard

He's still dead. They should have just shot him.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    ayup,

Hal: Okay, boys, what in the hell happened?
    Paul Edgecomb: An execution. A successful one.
    Hal: How in the name of Christ can you call that a success?
    Paul Edgecomb: Eduard Delacroix is dead.
    [to Percy]
    Paul Edgecomb: Isn't he?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    In most cases I agree with this. The rate at which convicted but innocent people are being put to death is just a tiny bit over 4 %......that fact worries me. In this case I would have helped with that sentence being carried out. That man brought pain on his victum and on his own family. 'nuff said.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

In my opinion If you choose to not follow the rules and guide lines laid out by society. Then You have no rights or ground to stand on. Follow the rules act like a descent human being and you won't have to worry about botched executions and cruel and unusual punishments.
    I have never understood why you can have the best trained dogs in the world, but when you put two dogs together the act like they have a half a brain between the both of them.

Rkk's Lady Of the Lake

After reading about what he actually did, burying a girl alive, this actually keeps hope alive about a higher being. It didn't mention anything about her getting a day in court or cruel and unusual punishment.

However America is pretty good at killing people. Why not have them go stand/sit in the prison courtyard and send in a practice drone attack?
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 04-30-2014 at 09:34 PM.