The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tax & Spend vs Borrow & Spend

nothing is about Party Politics anymore. It is about which PAC's support each politician. Parties are just the front window dressing. How much can be taken before it all falls apart.

Without downsizing the Federal Government this nation is going to fail. Taxing and or borrowing it is too late. They know it, we know it, but it is just too terrifying to see what will come next.

it is a house of cards just waiting for the next breeze to topple it.
    “I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot.” ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    I disagree Jack. The waste oin govt is out of control. Control and eliminate the waste would solve most if not all of our budget problems
    I'm not suggesting that waste is not a huge problem. Maybe it's out of control; maybe not. But anyone who suggests that we can solve our budget/debt problems solely by eliminating waste, has access to more data than I do. We can all look at an expenditure and say it's not necessary, but once you get looking into it, it's often not that simple.

1) The first problem is defining it. It's just like "pork" ... some people will call something "waste" if they feel it is of no value to them personally. Others will disagree.

2) Sometimes something may appear to be without value and be considered waste. Then it's eliminated and somewhere down the road, a problem arises and "voila" ... maybe it that wasn't wasteful after all. Kinda like squeezing a balloon in one place ... it just pops out somewhere else.

3) The simple cost of eliminating what may appear wasteful, may be more than savings itself. Think, "consultant".

I'm not discounting the impact of government waste on our debt; just not buying that that's all we have to do to get things straight. We have been dancing for decades and not paying the fiddler. I'll say again, that's our own fault. Any candidate for any office who is honest enough to say "we may have to kick in a little more to get out of this" (was it Mondale?) will never see the light of day.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    I disagree Jack. The waste oin govt is out of control. Control and eliminate the waste would solve most if not all of our budget problems
    Exactly! If any of us ran our business like the federal government we would not be in business!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    Exactly! If any of us ran our business like the federal government we would not be in business!
    This is correct. Whatever means or option you choose to manage the government or budget, it has to live within its means, just like you and I. We can't continue to spend beyond our means...that goes for both parties and all politicians.

We have 80 trillion in unfunded liabilities. Those liabilities and the looming issue regarding the yuan replacing the dollar as the world reserve currency should scare the hell out of any American (or politician but both parties just continue kicking the can down the road). These are two massive issues we MUST face very soon.

Then we have our Q1 GDP growth being revised downward to 0.1%.

But enough of all that, let's keep talking about Donald Sterling.

Sometimes I feel like are already living the movie "Idiocracy."
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    As Lisa Van Loo used to say, it depends.

To believe that there is a one size fits all approach is a real head scratcher for me. And to see folks advocate for tying the country's hands behind its back so it is unable to respond correctly to extenuating circumstances is a little terrifying. Its bad enough that we have politicians too dumb to make the right choices, but to see them positioning to permanently limit the choices of all future dumb arse politicians is even worse.
    This from a liberal who supports the very administration who did (and does) this exact thing to our military at every turn...
    Rich....
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Sometimes I feel like are already living the movie "Idiocracy."
    When I first saw that movie, I was amused.
    Now that we are LIVING it, it is scarey!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Brawndo! It's got electrolytes.
    Jonathon

“Write your own book instead of reading someone else’s book about success” H. Brooks

It seems like the folks in Kansas are into the "don't tax" and spend thing. Moody's just downgraded their bonds.

"For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho was undoubtedly a democrat
    Jonathon

“Write your own book instead of reading someone else’s book about success” H. Brooks