The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pedigree name suggestions?

Default Pedigree name suggestions?

I know this is a crappy first post, but I've been stuck for a while on this.

We got a female black lab pup last fall from sire Locked 'N' Loaded's Down And Dirty MH and a non-titled dam. The dam was never hunted because she was gun shy, she was brought home over 4th of July weekend and the owner lives next to a lake that blows off fireworks for 2-3 days straight...she never recovered from that!. Her father is Rangerwoods Fast Flying Drake JH.

So, now that we made it through the winter up here in Wisco and I have had an opportunity to actually do yard work with her, I think she's got real potential and I gotta send in my AKC papers soon. We've been calling her Rebel...and that she is! But, long cold winters and 8ft. drifts in the yard will make any young pup rebel out of boredom. There are just so many ways you can toss bumpers in the house!!!!

I want to run hunt tests and she'll also be hunted on just about every kind of feathered critter and already has a nose for antlers. I have a golden that is 9 and slowing down some. I trained my golden in KS at Jane Laman's with a good group of people on Saturdays and during the week I helped run their other client dogs (and ran mine at the same time). I regret never entering my Mag pot-pie (aka "mud") in any hunt tests...she is a great dog, not super speedy, but would run with the best in all the weekend club events we would go to.

Now that I'm back in WI, and do pond management stuff...I've met several dog trainers seeking advice for their ponds, including Jim Van Engen (about 10 miles from my house) and Larry Sonntag. This has made me want to get back into it again.

I digress, I need a name. So what do you got?

Fast N Dirty Drake
    Locked Down Fast
    Flying Locked Down
    Wish I Was in the Land of Cotton, had to throw that one in I from Georgia

I'd name her after a Famous Confederate female spy Belle Boyd or female confederate soldier Molly Bell (she dressed as a boy)

Fast Flying Belle Boyd
    Down n dirty Molly Bell

or how about our original rebels - women in the Revolutionary war. My favorite:

Fast Flying Dicey Langston - http://www.revolutionary-war.net/dicey-langston.html read about her here. She was a southerner too

Down N Dirty Penelope Barker - Penelope led the Edenton Tea Party
    Fast N Dirty Prudence Wright - Led women dressed in their husband's clothing while their husbands were away fighting the British. They defended the bridge leading into town, removed a secret message from a british officer and delivered it to the Americans.

I thought those were fun

Kristy
    & Ellie aka 'Richwood Work Hard Play Harder'

I hadn't thought of mixing the two lineages! Thanks for the thoughts guys!

I had in my thoughts on something along the lines of Belle, as southern belle, something or other. I'm a proud Wisconsinite, but I spent several years in the Arkansas Delta...and my wife really wanted to call her Rebel.

I really like the Dicey Langston story...female Paul Revere! And the Fast Flying is appropriate for both Dicey and this pup; we'll see about swimming soon as we just lost our ice a couple weeks ago.

Thanks again. I got some great ideas to run past the wife.

Long winded rebel yell

Locked and Loaded Rebel
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by mthompson View Post
    I hadn't thought of mixing the two lineages! Thanks for the thoughts guys!

I had in my thoughts on something along the lines of Belle, as southern belle, something or other. I'm a proud Wisconsinite, but I spent several years in the Arkansas Delta...and my wife really wanted to call her Rebel.

I really like the Dicey Langston story...female Paul Revere! And the Fast Flying is appropriate for both Dicey and this pup; we'll see about swimming soon as we just lost our ice a couple weeks ago.

Thanks again. I got some great ideas to run past the wife.
    Named my young pup, Carolina Belle. I was living in SC at the time. Arkansas Delta Belle would be a good one. Good luck and enjoy the adventure.

LL Kool J Reb
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Cocked Locked and Ready to Rock.

Call Name "Rebel"

If she titles I want royalties!
    "That's a fine dog you got there son. Looks like one of ya'll got the brains and the other one got the driver's license.".

Fast N Dirty Mercy Me Rebel