RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Rowdy (by Pirate) New SH

3K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  Richard Finch 
#1 ·
Back from Alamo RC with a fifth senior pass and SH title. It was a surprising tough little test. It was fair and I thought the set up was good. The land blind was on the back side of the flyer station. Lots of dogs went out on the blind as they got into the old fall or behind the flyer station. Rowdy lined the blind. I was really proud of him. But then he dumbed up on me for the water blind but we got through it.

It got unseasonably hot in the afternoon, about 93.

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab247/waynenutt/RowdySHTitle_zpsadf64aa4.jpg

#2 ·
Congrats Wayne ! Well done ! Enjoy the updates on Rowdy :)

congratulatory regards,

#4 · (Edited)
Back from Alamo RC with a fifth senior pass and SH title. It was a surprising tough little test. It was fair and I thought the set up was good. The land blind was on the back side of the flyer station. Lots of dogs went out on the blind as they got into the old fall or behind the flyer station. Rowdy lined the blind. I was really proud of him. But then he dumbed up on me for the water blind but we got through it.

It got unseasonably hot in the afternoon, about 93.

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab247/waynenutt/RowdySHTitle_zpsadf64aa4.jpg
Congrats Wayne. How old is Rowdy now? Question on the test, I thought blinds in senior were to be outside the marks. For the blind on the back side of the flyer station, how was that setup so as to not violate the requirement for being outside the marks? Trying to get a mental picture of that, sounds like a good training setup.

#7 ·
Way to go Wayne and Rowdy!!!

#11 ·
Blind was outside of marks. Walk up was at 12 o'clock say, M1, thrown right to left. Flyer was at 8 o'clock thrown left to right. Blind backsided flyer station at say 7 o'clock.

#14 ·
Wind was blowing left to right. I think some dogs got into trouble because the handler waited too late to cast into wind. By too late I mean the dog was past or very near the flyer station. Then they didn't want to cast into the wind(left). Either because of wind or they could see/smell the flyers in crates. I think some dogs had never seen flyer crates before. At least some indicated this.
Something you need to incorporate into your training.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.