The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Q1 GDP revised to 0.1%

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Clearly you don't know that much about statistics either. That is the probability of flipping a coin but you can't come to that conclusion unless you take it to infinity. Same with the regression models you are trying to refer to. A small sample will produce a skewed result. Example an earthquake happens today so based on that you are saying that every year on this date or around this date and earthquake will happen, meaning this date and an earthquake or 100% percent correlated. Know if that is the extent of your sample it worthless because when 5/7/15 rolls around again you need an earthquake. Now a 100 years of data, you might be able to find some correlation.
    Heck mm not only do I have the knowledge in statistics but I made a living with a Global company, leading a team forecasting inventory on 'service parts' using both historical models and causal models that we developed. So please make no assumptions about what I know or do not know! Some people have an education from a fancy school, some people have an eduction from a good school with years of practical experience.

I get what you are saying but their is another statistical factor that talks about using the size of a particular data set to make what is normally defined as an outlier as a recurring event or within a normal frequency. This also leads to a discussion of what it the statistical smallest or largest data set that should be used for a statistically valid model. Again this comment was in relation to your discussion on the 3%....you data set is to damn big!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    Had Professor Milton Friedman already left or did you skip his classes? He also won the Nobel Prize in economics and you left him out.

He taught there until 1977.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post

Yes I went to a freshwater school and studied under Fama an Hanson. See the link http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_priz...013/press.html
    Being they are your heroes you "studied under" and all you should probably learn to spell their names correctly....Hansen!! Mythical creatures of the internet regards.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

The Hansons,

Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The Hansons,

Old Time Hockey.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    He taught there until 1977.
    OSIR aware. Just didn't know when he attended.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Being they are your heroes you "studied under" and all you should probably learn to spell their names correctly....Hansen!! Mythical creatures of the internet regards.
    Come on, it has been a while since someone picky on punctuation, spelling or grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The Hansons,

I could gone on and on with qoutes from that movie! Classic!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    Come on, it has been a while since someone picky on punctuation, spelling or grammar.
    I didn't pick on the other grammatical errors in his post, there were a few, I always have some too. But when you "make the balls big" by saying you study under Nobel Prize winners, one would think you could spell their name. All the Hanso(e)ns I have known in my life are pretty picky on the e or o thing.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Heck mm not only do I have the knowledge in statistics but I made a living with a Global company, leading a team forecasting inventory on 'service parts' using both historical models and causal models that we developed. So please make no assumptions about what I know or do not know! Some people have an education from a fancy school, some people have an eduction from a good school with years of practical experience.

I get what you are saying but their is another statistical factor that talks about using the size of a particular data set to make what is normally defined as an outlier as a recurring event or within a normal frequency. This also leads to a discussion of what it the statistical smallest or largest data set that should be used for a statistically valid model. Again this comment was in relation to your discussion on the 3%....you data set is to damn big!
    Alright 40*12 is the number of data points. That is not a lot of data, but could it be a little smaller that is fine. Anything larger than 3% is not sustainable. In fact 3% is hard to sustain. I will take 3% all day long.

The point I think your post was trying to make was political that Obama is not growing the economy. But getting away from the politics. The markets are very content with the overall health of the economy, as evidenced by the performance of the stock market. Are there areas of the country that are not as prosperous, yes but that has to do with the industry in there locations and the ready workforce. Some areas may never recover, because industry has left them.

There are lots of jobs here but we can't fill them because there are not qualified folks to do them. I'm trying to hire a receptionist at my location, and can't find one competent enough to do it. My location hurts some because I'm 15+ miles from Houston, but this job requires some computer literacy and good communication skills, work ethic and dependability. Should not be that hard but it is.