The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Great Article in FT News

Default Great Article in FT News

on Mariah and Lanse Brown. I really enjoy the features on retrievers of the past. Great job FT News!

X2 on the May issue of RN
    Good articles in there- the staff did a nice job!

Congrats to you also Bill on that Qual win
    Dk

Senior Member Lesa Cozens Dauphin's Avatar

Great article! I loved it when he told about hiding objects around the house for the dogs to find. We did this with Ember.

lesa c
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers

The first time I ever read about Lanse and Mariah was in June of '71, Clint had just brought home a puppy and the owner of the litter was trying to tell us about the sire of the dog so he gave me a copy of the RTFN and the issue was a recap of the '70 National Amateur, in which Judge's sire FC AFC Sandy of Sourdough was a Finalist...I read about the tests and the other Finalist's and came to the name Alanson Brown III and FC AFC Tigathoe's Mainliner Mariah, little did I realize that 40+ years later Lanse would still be around as a loyal long time family friend...

It's been a great ride to follow Lanse off and on throughout the years and some good times and some times that would rather be forgotten, but through it all his friendship has always remained,his generosity with his time and resources has never wavered

Thanks Lanse, for letting me tag along with you these past couple of years even if it is half way across the country..its been quite a trip
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I had the privilege to shoot flyers for Lanse and his co-judge this past weekend at Madison. From the little time I spent with him I could only imagine his IQ. He is a very intelligent man, the stories he told were worth money to hear.
    This may be the one and only time I will ever have the chance to hear the man. I am very thankful.

jerry,
    did he tell about his treatment for phb?

x-rated, don't ask! lol
    john mccallie

Lanse is a trip, but he has certainly forgotten more about training dogs than I will ever know. I wouldn't give anything for the couple days I got to spend with him last year, and I hope to have that opportunity again this fall.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

Thanks Dave. Charlie was running her because work hosed me again. Thanks also because I slipped into your place yesterday afternoon and ran water marks at the last minute with Charlie. Beautiful look on your big water!

Jerry, do NOT ask about the phb in mixed company!!!!!

#8 - completely understand the work stuff as i am in Stl.
    It is a nice place and thank you for the comments.
    Come anytime.

I think Charlie was there to meet someone to pick up a dog. Marty came up and ran 1 dog pn the setup - she said it was big and tough

Wishing you all the success in the world with Maggie.
    Dk