The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Monica Lewinsky

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Lest we forget...

Bubba was impeached, disbarred, fined $90,000 for lying to a federal magistrate in a civil rights case, and ultimately paid Paula Jones $845,000 in compensatory damages for having sexual harassed her on the job.

Dem's call him 'Father of the Year'.....and Hillary, well that truly is another story yet to be told...

Nope, I wouldn't call Bill "father of the year." I don't think that many will. Nor do I go along with the notion that this is to draw a sympathy vote for Hillary by painting her as a victim. At least if I was one of her strategists I wouldn't. Last thing I would want is to portray my candidate as a victim--that canotes weakness and you don't want your candidate looking powerless. But if I were on the other side--well then...
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I wouldn't suggest "white trash" either. She is both victim and perpetrator here. One of her high school teachers admitted to having sex with her, possibly setting the stage for the events that passed. At the time of her internship at the WH she was of age and a consenting adult. She wasn't coerced into her relationship with Clinton. What set her off apparently was when a white House guard had her wait at the gate because Clinton was seeing Elenore Mondale at the time. Elenore was famous for her dalliances. That angered Monica and she went blabbing to her "friend", Linda Tripp, who began secretly recording phone calls between her and Lewinsky. Tripp then went to a literary agent to publish what she knew. Tripp's motivation was a paycheck and Monica was, in a sense betrayed, by her "friend".

I agree that it wasn't about sex or perjury. It was first a game of Gotcha. It was also a game of Get Back. And it is all about power in the absence of policy. Republicans have been obsessed with impeachment ever since Watergate and they climb on that horse with every Democratic president since.
    Nothing factual here, just my conspiracy theory. My belief is that some old senator or congressman wasn't getting the special attention that Bill was, tipped off Tripp and then the story broke. They had the mentality, "If she's not gonna show me the special attention, then she's not gonna show him special attention either."

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    Nothing factual here, just my conspiracy theory. My belief is that some old senator or congressman wasn't getting the special attention that Bill was, tipped off Tripp and then the story broke. They had the mentality, "If she's not gonna show me the special attention, then she's not gonna show him special attention either."
    Now thats good, I think those Northern Lights are getting to you.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    Now thats good, I think those Northern Lights are getting to you.
    I'd be willing to bet that Bill is not the only one that has ever gotten special attention in a govt office. He just got caught. To me personally, if 2 consenting adults want to do their thing, get it while you can. You have to weigh out the risks and rewards of the situation. If a person thinks that the risk is worth the reward, it's on them when consequences arise.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that Bill is not the only one that has ever gotten special attention in a govt office. He just got caught. To me personally, if 2 consenting adults want to do their thing, get it while you can. You have to weigh out the risks and rewards of the situation. If a person thinks that the risk is worth the reward, it's on them when consequences arise.
    I think there are responsibilties with the office of the Presidency of the United States.
    Taking advantage of interns in the Oval office would NOT be 1 of them.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Budget deficit is still over $600 Billion
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Unfunded Liabilities of over 140 Trillion
    http://www.usadebtclock.com/

Put those type numbers in to your personal finances and see if you have a surplus. Fuzzy math regards.
    Better than the $1.5T it was when he took office

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I think there are responsibilties with the office of the Presidency of the United States.
    Taking advantage of interns in the Oval office would NOT be 1 of them.
    Probably not, Stan, but who says it was "taking advantage". That term implies that it was not consensual by one of the parties. There never has been any evidence of that. There are a lot of little groupies out there that will eagerly jump in the sack with a man of power or a well known rock star. Is that taking advantage? I would take it as responding to an opportunity. But, all in all, it is indiscretion you'd hope that a POTUS would avoid.
    Zeus

i don't know much about what it takes to become a white house intern. i have always assumed that in order to be considered, a young person would need to be an exceptional student, have demonstrated an exceptional intrest in civics and government and be from a pretty nice family. i think it is a shame that a young woman 20 or so years old with exceptional credentials and ambitions made choices that changed the road she would travel. i am sure many whitehouse interns go on to do great things and she could be serving(no pun intended) our nation in some productive way today if not for her poor choices.

instead, the charismatic, attractive, brilliant and most powerful man in the world's indiscreations made a 20 year and running, joke of a promising persons life. yes, she was of age in the eyes of the law. yes, she was a consentual participant. i like to imagine that if my daughter had been selected as a whitehouse intern, i then forked the money up for her trip, expenses and rent and entrusted her to one of the branches of my federal government, things would be ok. i like to imagine things would be ok even if she was weak in the presence of political power.

i hope ms. lewinsky's father still thinks of phoning the whitehouse and telling the secret service, "i will be coming over the wall onto the south lawn in ten minutes. i am not threatening the president's life. my intension is however, to stomp a sizable mudhole in his ass. please have him meet me in the rose garden. if you guys protecting him don't think he needs a mudhole.....please shoot to kill!"

in a scene from "oh brother where art thow" one of the charachters is delighted to have been saved, forgiven of his sins and made right with the lord. the other charachter reminds him, "i am glad you are square with the lord but the state of mississippi is a whole 'nother matter!" similarly, just because the daughter i entrusted to my government is of age don't necessarily make it right with dad.

mike using racial epithets to describe this unfortunate person is sad. you use "white trash" so often. i want you to know it's ok. with time and couselling you may be able to embrace your whiteness. knowing how y'all feel, i want both you and sarge to know that if you have young daughter's and they need a job, come on over here to alabama. a charismatic, brilliant, powerful and formerly attractive employer is ready for them!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Probably not, Stan, but who says it was "taking advantage". That term implies that it was not consensual by one of the parties. There never has been any evidence of that. There are a lot of little groupies out there that will eagerly jump in the sack with a man of power or a well known rock star. Is that taking advantage? I would take it as responding to an opportunity. But, all in all, it is indiscretion you'd hope that a POTUS would avoid.
    And what does the term "responsibilty" suggest to you?

A gentleman, a married gentleman, a married gentlemen who is President of the United States should know better.

I know you cant admit that, just sharing tbe way Stan sr. raised Stan II.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    knowing how y'all feel, i want both you and sarge to know that if you have young daughter's and they need a job, come on over here to alabama. a charismatic, brilliant, powerful and formerly attractive employer is ready for them!
    You don't know my daughter. Get smart with her and she'll eat your lunch, kick your butt and take names of everyone in the vicinity. After that she'll tell you exactly where to park your Jeep. If you are right winger Republican, --may God have mercy on your soul.
    Zeus