The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pope Francis

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    I don't believe in abortion. However, it is not governments role to tell a women what she can do with her body.

You playing God does not make you a Christian in my book.
    It is not the women's body at stake here, it is the lives of millions, and millions of innocent children. The people who rip these tiny bodies out of their mothers womb are as guilty as the women who allow it! This is especially heinous when talking about late-term abortions....

As for playing God, I have not clue what you are talking about. Are you somehow suggesting that those of us who are against abortion are 'playing God'?

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    You admittedly have no religion, therefore you have no knowledge relevant to this discussion.
    Au Contraire. Just because I don't have a religion, doesn't mean that I can't see how STUPID most religious people can be. You constantly complain about the govt getting into people's business. When the govt stays out of something that goes against YOUR religious beliefs you want them to intervene. Abortion is a woman's choice of what she wants to do with the pregnancy. It's none of your business or anybody else's business. Keep your nose out of it, we men have no idea what kind of stress a woman goes through with this type of decision. It is her choice and hers alone. Unless of course, you are of the belief that sex is for pro-creation only, that would explain your position on the topic.

It is not the women's body at stake here, it is the lives of millions, and millions of innocent children. The people who rip these tiny bodies out of their mothers womb are as guilty as the women who allow it! This is especially heinous when talking about late-term abortions....

As for playing God, I have not clue what you are talking about. Are you somehow suggesting that those of us who are against abortion are 'playing God'?
    when it is in the early stages of the pregnancy, it is not a baby. Maybe people like you and luvy would rather have the woman give birth, so you have something to complain about the welfare mothers. When they terminate a pregnancy, think how much taxpayer money is being saved. That should make you happy.

Shinyhead, please be quiet about religious people being stupid. Its, well, stupid. Religion has given more people liberty and freedom than secularism could even dream of. In fact, secularism thrives in environments that are based on Christian ethics. Look at Europe and the USA. Both are bastions of secularism, because the foundations of the country are based upon the understanding that man is screwed up and tends to violate each other's rights unless freedom is guaranteed. Unfortunately, this right to practice ones thoughts and beliefs are beginning to be taken away by folks who benefitted from it in the past.

And to redistribution of wealth. Everyone is more eager to redistribute someone else's wealth rather than their own. And Jesus never said be generous or go to jail

I'm sure if you had a 15 year old daughter that was raped and carrying her rapist baby, you might want your daughter to have an abortion. Better yet if she was 18 yrs old, she might want that choice.

You might make the choice to have the baby, but having the choice not to she should have.

Don't now say that in the case of rape it is different, because then you would truly be playing God.

Religion should be out of politics to begin with, but judging someone relation with God on their political affiliation is not your role.

When I moved back to Houston, I remember visiting churches and I got tired of listening to preachers telling me how to vote. I don't want politics in my church...it is clearly not the place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Shinyhead, please be quiet about religious people being stupid. Its, well, stupid. Religion has given more people liberty and freedom than secularism could even dream of. In fact, secularism thrives in environments that are based on Christian ethics. Look at Europe and the USA. Both are bastions of secularism, because the foundations of the country are based upon the understanding that man is screwed up and tends to violate each other's rights unless freedom is guaranteed. Unfortunately, this right to practice ones thoughts and beliefs are beginning to be taken away by folks who benefitted from it in the past.

And to redistribution of wealth. Everyone is more eager to redistribute someone else's wealth rather than their own. And Jesus never said be generous or go to jail
    My meaning was that I have met many people in my life that are religious, and they say very stupid things because they are blinded by their religion.

I'm sure if you had a 15 year old daughter that was raped and carrying her rapist baby, you might want your daughter to have an abortion. Better yet if she was 18 yrs old, she might want that choice.

You might make the choice to have the baby, but having the choice not to she should have.

Don't now say that in the case of rape it is different, because then you would truly be playing God.

Religion should be out of politics to begin with, but judging someone relation with God on their political affiliation is not your role.

When I moved back to Houston, I remember visiting churches and I got tired of listening to preachers telling me how to vote. I don't want politics in my church...it is clearly not the place for it.
    God does not perform abortions, people do.
    Who is playing God?
    Last edited by road kill; 05-10-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Who is playing God?
    Supposedly, God forgives people of their sins. If this is true, won't this being forgive those that have hD or performed abortions? That's what I've been told. If you confess your sins to God, he'll forgive you. So I'm told.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Who is playing God?
    People when they judge people

People when they judge people
    You make as many (if not more) judgements as anyone here!
    Stan b & Elvis