The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about the Marine being held in Mexico?

Default What about the Marine being held in Mexico?

Nobody seems concerned about the Marine being held for 2 mos in a Mexican prison ...
    Thad Bingel, a former chief of staff at Customs and Border Protection agrees, saying it is not uncommon for Mexican soldiers to get lost along the border. They are typically met by the U.S. Border Patrol, questioned and sent on their way.

"We had several incidents where Mexican military or federal police or local police inadvertently crossed the border, armed, on the U.S. side and were apprehended by us," said Bingel. "We were able to usually dispense with those cases pretty quickly and get them back home once we established the intent wasn't there to do anything nefarious. I really can't explain why it has taken the Mexican government this long.

If they're trying to make a point about broader issues of arms smuggling southbound, I think they've picked really the wrong case to do that with."

Customs and Border Protection spokeswoman Angelica De Cima said it is not uncommon for travelers to miss the U-turn lane, but her agency does not keep statistics.

"He's not trying to smuggle arms southbound," said Bingel. "He made a wrong turn. He had weapons in the car. He was arrested for that. But he's certainly been held long enough to determine his intent and to send him home to his family."
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Do you think if OBAMA and HOLDER continue to release all illegals, Mexico might give us back our U. S. Marine?

Not enough votes for Obama to give a darn about this Marine.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

this should only take 1 phone call
    why do we put up with this crap from this piss-ant 3rd world nation? how many U.S. issues could we directly lay at the feet of this country just 'cause they do not know how to run themself right?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Well Ken we took over half of their country in 1846-1848 in a war how many Green Mountain boys do you want to send to take it all over to make it our 51st state?

I don't think Ken is advocating an armed conflict of any sort. Indeed, why should something like this not be able to get taken care of quickly through an ambassador. Mexico is, after all, a "friendly" neighbor. Can you imagine this kind of situation occurring with Canada? I have trouble imagining that it would happen with Canada.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

lets take everyone at homeland insecurity and line um up shoulder to shoulder on the boarder instead of groping grannies. the airline folks can do security for themself. then everyone in redundant gov. jobs set up in the '40's that could all be replaced by a smartphone or tablet and relocate them to stand inbetween the homeland guys. and all our drones buzzin' overhead of um all instead of pissing off native folk 'round the world.
    that is a start.
    and then the lovable federal lobbiest. if you want access to your poly tic for your shair of blood. do 30 days on the line.
    at least weed out the riff-raff that would.
    I want a human wall like that coca-cola add from the '70's
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Ken that is a lot better solution. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    ..... Can you imagine this kind of situation occurring with Canada? I have trouble imagining that it would happen with Canada.

good point,
    I, in my short 49 years have 3 times crossed into Canada on accident with guns. Each time I went right to a border booth and did the "oh crap, I have a gun". they and then in turn our side (you need to go to both booths if you do this) have a special form for this.
    If Mexico ran themself better in so many ways, it would be a good thing. But until they do......

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    good point,
    I, in my short 49 years have 3 times crossed into Canada on accident with guns. Each time I went right to a border booth and did the "oh crap, I have a gun". they and then in turn our side (you need to go to both booths if you do this) have a special form for this.
    If Mexico ran themself better in so many ways, it would be a good thing. But until they do......
    Maybe some of this is about Eric Holder's Fast and Furious Gun deal... Mexico may still be pissed off. :"Gunwalking" operations may be the motive for Mexico holding the Marine.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith