The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: This Common Core Math Problem Is So Absurdly Difficult It Stumps College Students

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Farrar View Post
    I gave you a link to the standards. I asked you to show me and the rest of the world where government brochures were required reading. Please show me... There may be a few teachers out there that have selected those types of materials to teach the standard. Standards are a "destination." It is what a kid needs to be able to do at the end of the year. How a teacher gets their kids to that destination is up to them.

To put it dog training terms, achieving a standard in a HT is a passing score. Some trainers will get that score using Lardy's program. Some will use Hillman, while others will use Evan's program. If each one of those trainers achieve the standard with a passing score, what is wrong with that? The best program out there is the one that works for you.

As for Beck, he is only out there to get ratings. Ratings=$$$$$$$. Wacky conspiracys=ratings=$$$$$$$.
    The truth is boring. Boring = bad ratings= no radio show = no money in Glenn's pockets. Follow the money...

I have no agenda. At this time I am teaching the CCS standards. That's what they pay me to do. I am not indoctrinating kids. I know you don't believe that because I live in CA.
    Have a nice day.
    Dave...you want links....in a matter of seconds I found 100's...below are 3...if you read them you will see that each of them refer to Common Core classic literature vs. informational texts: and further research will show that these informational tests are federal/state documents...

If you truly have no agenda and are open minded....do the research....it really is about the kids...

http://flparentsagainstcommoncore.co...tional_reading
    http://www.engageny.org/resource/com...nd-literature/
    http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...529953/-1/news

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Only problem is that they are trying to tell Pointers, Spaniels, Coon Dogs, Herders, et al that they must run Retriever Tests and pass or they fail. I've never met a teacher that likes standardized tests, at least not a good one, actually I can't think of even a bad one that does.

I hear a lot of screaming about Haliburtan and how they were the only bidder or no bid contracts but this is ok? Why on earth would no other company bid on a contract worth billions? You asked those of us against CC to follow the money of the radio hosts but you seem to have no concern or education on where the money is flowing for CC. Do you know how much money has been flowed to Political coffers from Pearson to get that contract?
    I'm not a big fan of standardized testing, but we have to have some sort of way to measure progress.
    I have no idea how much Pearson sent to politicians to get the contract. Apparently you do. Please enlighten me.
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER JH -- Reggie

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    one of the big problem being overlooked is WHO is teaching the kids this new math ?

the current teachers of today are ill equipped because they all learned it old school, like Lesa alluded to...I know from experience because my son's mother is/was an elementary school teacher..One year she had a 5th grade class and when it came to math, it was yours truly that tutored her in math because she didnt have a clue where to start

unless they want to train the current school teachers a whole new way to teach math then the kids are learning right along side their teachers....
    You are right. That is part of the problem with the roll out. CCS has been the law of the land in CA for the past 2 years. We still don't have the curriculum yet. My district can't even order it until July 1. We hope to have it in our hands some time in October. School starts mid August.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Dave...you want links....in a matter of seconds I found 100's...below are 3...if you read them you will see that each of them refer to Common Core classic literature vs. informational texts: and further research will show that these informational tests are federal/state documents...

If you truly have no agenda and are open minded....do the research....it really is about the kids...

http://flparentsagainstcommoncore.co...tional_reading
    http://www.engageny.org/resource/com...nd-literature/
    http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...529953/-1/news
    [QUOTE=swampcollielover;1220476]Dave...you want links....in a matter of seconds I found 100's...below are 3...if you read them you will see that each of them refer to Common Core classic literature vs. informational texts: and further research will show that these informational tests are federal/state documents...

Did you even watch the EngageNY video? It was simply about balancing lit vs. info text.
    FL parents against common core. Sorry skipped it...
    Union leader...show me the govt brochure suff in the CCS. I dont want opinions. I want facts. It's simple. Show me in the standards where govt brochures are part of the standard.

Why is this so difficult for you? Show me...

[QUOTE=Dave Farrar;1220492]
    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post

Did you even watch the EngageNY video? It was simply about balancing lit vs. info text.
    FL parents against common core. Sorry skipped it...
    Union leader...show me the govt brochure suff in the CCS. I dont want opinions. I want facts. It's simple. Show me in the standards where govt brochures are part of the standard.

Why is this so difficult for you? Show me...
    Dave is it true the Common Core Math will make you gay?

You are right. That is part of the problem with the roll out. CCS has been the law of the land in CA for the past 2 years. We still don't have the curriculum yet. My district can't even order it until July 1. We hope to have it in our hands some time in October. School starts mid August.
    Well, since the money has not been wasted yet, dump it and get back to real math!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Well, since the money has not been wasted yet, dump it and get back to real math!
    I would like that... not my call.

[QUOTE=mngundog;1220512]
    Dave is it true the Common Core Math will make you gay?
    I don't know. I don't listen to Glenn Beck or read the Enquirer.
    Perhaps someone that does can answer that for you.

[QUOTE=Dave Farrar;1220518]
    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post

I don't know. I don't listen to Glenn Beck or read the Enquirer.
    Perhaps someone that does can answer that for you.
    How about the New York Times.
    http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/...ype=blogs&_r=0

[QUOTE=mngundog;1220524]
    Wow. I don't know what to say. NYT simply reported what Van Zant said... I think there are a few on this forum that will probably support that guy.