The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help needed: dog stolen from truck in the Spokane WA area.

Default Help needed: dog stolen from truck in the Spokane WA area.

Quick is a 2 yo Black lab male. The lock was removed from a dog truck overnight and he was stolen. This occurred at the Super 8 near the Medical Lake, WA, exit off I 90. He was here for a field trial this weekend. We are contacting area vets and sheriff. Any advice on what else we should do would be most appreciated.
    Jean

MHR Firemark Serendipity ***, MH, CDX, NA, NAJ, NF "Seren"
    WR Firemark Little Hot Tee***, "Tee"
    FC AFC Wigeons Carbon Chip, "Chip"
    AFC Patton's Moby Nick, "Nick"
    Silvertip's Secret Weapon, "Laser"
    Robber's Duck and Run, "Quick" forever in our hearts

Might put it up on facebook to reach more people. Were other dogs on the truck (targeted theft?)? and was a padlock cut or a locked handle broken into? Harry
    "Sometimes we just gotta do what is right". Jerry 2006

See ya in the field. HPW

Awful news, something we all fear when leaving our trucks with dogs in motel parking lots overnight, I hope there is a good outcome for you and the dog, wish I could help.

Jean,

If you would post on facebook and then post a link here so we can all share.. the news should spread in the dog community pretty quickly.

Hope the dog is found and returned.
    Steve Lithgow
    Las Cruces, NM
    "The thing that makes them good... is the thing that makes them bad" ~Pete Richardson Marble Mtn Walkers, Vermont
    "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.... " ~Ron Schaitel
    "What's the difference between a pro and an amateur..... ""About a tenth of a second"" ~Bill Gibbons
    "Ugh... my dog broke....! ""There's never been one worth a flip that hasn't"" ~John Steger

That is why I padlock each crate w/in my locked truck topper lid. I also only stay at old ma/pa type motels where your vehicle is parked outside the entry/door to your motel room. This is no solution to your immediate problem , hopefully the dog is micro chipped and could show up. Good luck.

I guess they need to start manufacturing trailers and chassis mounts with hidden cameras/trail cameras. Turn them on when you're away, and any motion starts shooting pics or videos. Then when you catch the perp(s) they should be hanged. They used to hang horse thieves back in the day right!?
    Wickenburg_Vulture_Mine-Hanging_Tree.jpg
    ~Willie Alderson

"Drake" Willey's Drake Seeker Supreme MH

"Roxi" Alder Creeks Riparian Roxi

Only two things worse than a thief, a child molester, and a thief who steals dogs. Hope the dog is returned safely and the culprit(s) caught. Good luck.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

Quote Originally Posted by jgrammer View Post
    Quick is a 2 yo Black lab male. The lock was removed from a dog truck overnight and he was stolen. This occurred at the Super 8 near the Medical Lake, WA, exit off I 90. He was here for a field trial this weekend. We are contacting area vets and sheriff. Any advice on what else we should do would be most appreciated.
    I have forwarded this to Spokane bird dog email list. Please provide some contact info.

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions and support. Unfortunately, Quick was found a few miles down I90 on the side of the road. RIP Robbers Duck and Run. You were an awesome dog with so much potential and just a sweetheart to boot. You will be missed!!!
    Jean

MHR Firemark Serendipity ***, MH, CDX, NA, NAJ, NF "Seren"
    WR Firemark Little Hot Tee***, "Tee"
    FC AFC Wigeons Carbon Chip, "Chip"
    AFC Patton's Moby Nick, "Nick"
    Silvertip's Secret Weapon, "Laser"
    Robber's Duck and Run, "Quick" forever in our hearts

Jean - make sure Animal Control is also contacted. I would also urge owner to contact local TV/News stations, and state that a reward is offered. Spokane is rather small as cities go and everyone seems to love a dog story - so they might just report on it. Years ago a friend had truck w/ dog stolen in New Orleans, he got it on the news and that is how the dog and truck were recovered (and yes, he had offered a reward and it was given to the informant).
    And - good old-fashioned 'lost/stolen dog' signs are always good too (again - offering reward). Did anyone check with motel management to see if there are security cameras that may have picked something up?
    Will be hoping this turns out well...