The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help needed: dog stolen from truck in the Spokane WA area.

I hope they catch the SOB that did this. What a lowlife piece of crap. My heartfelt condolences to the owner.

So awful. Makes me sick just thinking about it. I can't imagine what it must have been like to experience it. That is the motel I always stay in for Espanola trials. I had thought it was relatively safe, being surrounded mostly by empty fields.

RIP Quick
    Kelly Cassidy (person)

HR Maple Cassidy CDX JH RE (golden retriever)
    Alder Cassidy CDX RE (standard poodle chipmunk chaser)
    plus whacked-out weird Burka (elderly mix-breed rescue girl)

No place is safe anymore! Keep them with you at all times. Dogs are being stolen from padlocked yards, Owners find the collar in the driveway dog is gone. Im so sorry that you lost your dog this way. People need to take this very seriously with this economy stealing dogs is very high on the list. Have you looked at the motel video tape?
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Cyndi as stated earlier no camera.
    Field trialer. I have an FC Golden Retriever and running trials Casey and a retired FT black lab Lightning.
    Marie Annette Doherty

Probably someone who thought "Oh wow, this terrible person is making his dog stay in a trailer all night. I'll help him." Only to let it out to get ran over. Very sad.

Sorry. Hate to hear that.

A motel without a video camera? I thought they would all have one. It's much easier to steal a dog rehome it or sell as a bait dog than to break into your house and steal a tv. I'm so sorry, I hope others will pay attention this is happening a lot.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

To be clear, they had cameras just not on the particular spot the truck was parked.
    Jean

MHR Firemark Serendipity ***, MH, CDX, NA, NAJ, NF "Seren"
    WR Firemark Little Hot Tee***, "Tee"
    FC AFC Wigeons Carbon Chip, "Chip"
    AFC Patton's Moby Nick, "Nick"
    Silvertip's Secret Weapon, "Laser"
    Robber's Duck and Run, "Quick" forever in our hearts

I'm just sick to learn about the outcome - and so very sorry for you Jean, what a terrible thing to bear.

And as others have said, this is the nightmare I hope not to live. I'm pretty anal about locking up everything to begin with as you did as well. And wherever possible I try to find motels that will allow dogs in the room. The few times I was in an area where I couldn't bring the dogs inside and felt really uncomfortable with them outside, I have extra sturdy padlocks I use on the holes. You are somewhat limited by the size of the latch opening that you run the lock through. And also wherever possible, I park next to other dog trucks - in hopes that the communal racket that occurs when the least intruder walks by is a deterrent to anything more nefarious than a wandering possum.

Again, I'm so very very sorry.

Where your truck was parked could a camera from another business pick anything up.? In the case of another dog that was stolen the guy was caught after he tried to sell items he had stolen from the truck. If anything was taken check craigslist & pawn stores in the area.