The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Being Christian in the Arab World ....

Default Being Christian in the Arab World ....

Here is another story of Christianity coming under attack. This time in the Sudan .

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/15/world/...html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- Hours after a Sudanese court sentenced his pregnant wife to death when she refused to recant her Christian faith, her husband told CNN he feels helpless.
    It is terribly hard for me to understand Islamic laws. That a women could be sentenced to death over her beliefs that harm no one. It is a heartbreaking story.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

I heard about that. Also heard they were going to allow her to have the baby before they hang her.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

the only thing tougher than being a Christian in an Arab world, is to be Christian here in America...People are constantly reminded of how they want a separation of church and state,simple statues and monuments are being removed by those who suddenly are offended by their presence. It used to be very common for most American families to belong to one church or another, now its almost rare to see a family attend church together
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    the only thing tougher than being a Christian in an Arab world, is to be Christian here in America...
    A bit hyperbolic, don't you think? It has been quite a while since I heard of any Christian in the US being flogged, stoned, or hanged for their beliefs or for breaking church law. Admittedly, back in the good old days when EVERYBODY belonged to some Christian church one could be put in the stocks or some other such punishment for blaspheming or other "religious infractions", but not in my lifetime.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    A bit hyperbolic, don't you think? It has been quite a while since I heard of any Christian in the US being flogged, stoned, or hanged for their beliefs or for breaking church law. Admittedly, back in the good old days when EVERYBODY belonged to some Christian church one could be put in the stocks or some other such punishment for blaspheming or other "religious infractions", but not in my lifetime.
    ....There is a whole lot of things beside physical punishment...As a kid I used to get ridiculed/questioned as to why my family went to church on Saturdays, and observed the sabbath from Friday evening till Sat at sundown (raised Seventh Day Adventist) people were intolerant because we didnt go to church on the same day they did on Sundays, and why I didnt play Little League on Saturdays or go to school events on Friday evenings..

I now attend a non denomenational church albeit not as frequent as I would like, but enough to know the Pastors on a first name basis..I find myself much more tolerant of those who practice their religious beliefs on different days, such as I will not hunt or train dogs on my Mormon friends properties on Sunday, when they elk hunt with me, I will not put them in an uncomfortable position of hunting on Sunday's even though we are in another state or away from their home, I do not bring alcohol into their home, and I ask permission to bring a coffee maker when staying in their homes in Utah and Idaho

To those that are Agnostic or Atheist (as are members in my family) I just dont preach to them, just like those that train dogs differently than we do, I am not out to convert hearts or minds

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Bon what's with the coffe maker deal?

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Bon what's with the coffe maker deal?
    many Mormons do not drink coffee or Coca Cola..(Yes I know many that do) but apparently its considered a stimulant...They never turn down our request, we even use our travel mugs...

It probably is also why they let us train on property that others have tried to , but have been refused admission...

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    many Mormons do not drink coffee or Coca Cola..(Yes I know many that do) but apparently its considered a stimulant...They never turn down our request, we even use our travel mugs...

It probably is also why they let us train on property that others have tried to , but have been refused admission...
    Thanks........

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    I heard about that. Also heard they were going to allow her to have the baby before they hang her.
    Perfect example of why religion doesn't work for me. Some pretty messed up thinking all over the board.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    Perfect example of why religion doesn't work for me. Some pretty messed up thinking all over the board.
    Religion can be frustrating, but Christianity isn't.