The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Being Christian in the Arab World ....

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    the only thing tougher than being a Christian in an Arab world, is to be Christian here in America...People are constantly reminded of how they want a separation of church and state,simple statues and monuments are being removed by those who suddenly are offended by their presence. It used to be very common for most American families to belong to one church or another, now its almost rare to see a family attend church together

....There is a whole lot of things beside physical punishment...As a kid I used to get ridiculed/questioned as to why my family went to church on Saturdays, and observed the sabbath from Friday evening till Sat at sundown (raised Seventh Day Adventist) people were intolerant because we didnt go to church on the same day they did on Sundays, and why I didnt play Little League on Saturdays or go to school events on Friday evenings..

It is the separation of church and state that prevents what is happening to that woman from happening here. What you described happening to you is people not learning about other faiths or just not respecting them.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

For any religion to take a life is any is anti - life. God is about Life. How you get to that Idea is meaningless. Those who are anti- life are darkness.
    I don't think I smell like a brewery. I was drinking Scotch.

.44 magnum....I agree with you,

but when I look at how radical Muslims have defined America (and the West in general) as the 'Great Satin' to their followers! When you look at our network TV, Movies, and most mass media it supports this theory. We show violence, immorality, perversions, etc. etc. if you only view American by our mass media we have no Christianity or human values as defined by any religion.....

We make the Imam's job of convincing their follower of our evil ways....very, very, easy!

Of course we do not purposely kill innocents, stone people to death, cut off hands, heads, etc.

Trying to understand Islamic laws is mind boggling ... different sects have different teaching and laws. Some say Mohammad would show compassion for this women, others say he would agree with her being put to death.

I am very glad in the USA we have a separation of Church and State. It is one of the brilliant ways our founders put together the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Without the Bill of Rights this country would not have progressed in its sense of equality for all. We must never give up any of them.
    I don't think I smell like a brewery. I was drinking Scotch.

And what is the administration doing to pressure this govt to release this woman ... wife of an American citizen? I don't belong to Twitter, so maybe Michelle has tweeted on it?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    And what is the administration doing to pressure this govt to release this woman ... wife of an American citizen? I don't belong to Twitter, so maybe Michelle has tweeted on it?
    Their Country says she's not married to him, and I don't believe she's been here (?) so I'm pretty sure it doesn't qualify as a marriage in the U.S., so she's not the wife of a U.S citizen by either Country's legal terms, is that correct?

This administration is more apt to kill an American citizen with a drone, than help one in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Their Country says she's not married to him, and I don't believe she's been here (?) so I'm pretty sure it doesn't qualify as a marriage in the U.S., so she's not the wife of a U.S citizen by either Country's legal terms, is that correct?
    Why would she have to be here in America for our government to recognize that she is married to an American?

This woman is facing several problems. First she is seen as a Muslim and a Muslim can never leave the religion. The second problem is Muslim women can not marry outside the religion. Muslim men can marry outside the religion and that is how she found herself in this situation. Her father is Muslim and her mother is Christian. When she was a small child her father left the family and then her mother raised her as a Christian. When she grew up she married a Christian, but her Muslim relatives do not recognize the marriage and claim she had sex out of wedlock. Which is a sin in their religion. She will be lashed for the sex out of wedlock and killed for her denial to follow Islam. She will not be killed until after her child she is caring is two years old. Her other child is with her in prison. The only way to save her live is with a lot of public pressure and prayer. I think our president should be speaking out for this woman, if Tryvon Martin could have been his son she surly could be his sister. Both came from Muslim father and Christian mothers. Both fathers left the mother and child in early childhood. Both claim to be Christian( I know she is, but B. O. some have their doubts). Both married Christians. Both are raising their children as Christians. The only difference is this woman is still in Africa, she is a woman, and her child is being raised in a prison. I'm sure he will speak on it once he hears about it from the media. I read her story a couple weeks ago, but in the last couple of days it is gaining attention. There is even a petition to push for her freedom. I signed it. In Sudan it is hard enough to be black. The Arab population looks down on blacks and is not afraid to show how much they loathe them. Add to that being Christian in a Muslim culture can only be at times unbearable. I do not know how she is being treated in prison, but I'm interested to know if she is being treated properly. This is not an isolated case. Converts to Christianity in Iran and blasphemy in Pakistan are two different case I have read in resent weeks, but I'm sure there are many that do not make it into books or even in the news.

I had a dream last night that a Muslim man came after me with a pitch fork because he felt I was spreading lies about his religion. All I did before the attack was ask a modern dressed Muslim woman why she thought she needed to wear a head cover when the Koran does not call for it? I guess I read too many books on the middle east.

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    Why would she have to be here in America for our government to recognize that she is married to an American?

This woman is facing several problems. First she is seen as a Muslim and a Muslim can never leave the religion. The second problem is Muslim women can not marry outside the religion. Muslim men can marry outside the religion and that is how she found herself in this situation. Her father is Muslim and her mother is Christian. When she was a small child her father left the family and then her mother raised her as a Christian. When she grew up she married a Christian, but her Muslim relatives do not recognize the marriage and claim she had sex out of wedlock. Which is a sin in their religion. She will be lashed for the sex out of wedlock and killed for her denial to follow Islam. She will not be killed until after her child she is caring is two years old. Her other child is with her in prison. The only way to save her live is with a lot of public pressure and prayer. I think our president should be speaking out for this woman, if Tryvon Martin could have been his son she surly could be his sister. Both came from Muslim father and Christian mothers. Both fathers left the mother and child in early childhood. Both claim to be Christian( I know she is, but B. O. some have their doubts). Both married Christians. Both are raising their children as Christians. The only difference is this woman is still in Africa, she is a woman, and her child is being raised in a prison. I'm sure he will speak on it once he hears about it from the media. I read her story a couple weeks ago, but in the last couple of days it is gaining attention. There is even a petition to push for her freedom. I signed it. In Sudan it is hard enough to be black. The Arab population looks down on blacks and is not afraid to show how much they loathe them. Add to that being Christian in a Muslim culture can only be at times unbearable. I do not know how she is being treated in prison, but I'm interested to know if she is being treated properly. This is not an isolated case. Converts to Christianity in Iran and blasphemy in Pakistan are two different case I have read in resent weeks, but I'm sure there are many that do not make it into books or even in the news.

I had a dream last night that a Muslim man came after me with a pitch fork because he felt I was spreading lies about his religion. All I did before the attack was ask a modern dressed Muslim woman why she thought she needed to wear a head cover when the Koran does not call for it? I guess I read too many books on the middle east.

Terri
    Cause that's just the way it works. I know three guys that have foreign brides, its not a difficult process (background checks, welfare checks etc.), just an expense and time consuming process from what I hear. If it was as simply as flying over, getting married there, then flying back with their wives as U.S. citizens they would have done it that way. It may be their path to citizen ship just has to be done in the States (don't know), but all three marriages were done here.
    Last edited by mngundog; 05-21-2014 at 07:48 AM.

Why is there no mention of the 20 month old kid which is also being held. The U.S. Citizen father makes him a citizen even if she is not one. I bet he looks like someone's son if you get my drift and nothing is being done.