The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Being Christian in the Arab World ....

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    Why is there no mention of the 20 month old kid which is also being held. The U.S. Citizen father makes him a citizen even if she is not one. I bet he looks like someone's son if you get my drift and nothing is being done.
    Read one article (don't know the reliability of the source), says blood tests are being done to see if the kid is in fact his.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Read one article (don't know the reliability of the source), says blood tests are being done to see if the kid is in fact his.
    Don't she also have one in the oven? Maybe it's not in the third tri.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Terri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Cause that's just the way it works. I know three guys that have foreign brides, its not a difficult process (background checks, welfare checks etc.), just an expense and time consuming process from what I hear. If it was as simply as flying over, getting married there, then flying back with their wives as U.S. citizens they would have done it that way. It may be their path to citizen ship just has to be done in the States (don't know), but all three marriages were done here.
    What you are talking about is how non citizens become citizens through marriage. Which is different that our government recognizing that a U.S. citizen is married to a non U.S. citizen. Also when a citizen marries a non citizen and goes through the legal process it is to allow the non citizen to live and work in this country, a green card, not citizenship. Once they reside in this country they can then apply to be a citizen or never apply to be a citizen. If they choose to live aboard they never have to apply for anything and they are still married. The green card process does work faster and easier if she is here in the country because she has already passed an initial test for entry to this country. If he marries her there she might fail that initial test, causing him years of delays before they can live as husband and wife.

    Terri

  4. #24
    Senior Member Terri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    Don't she also have one in the oven? Maybe it's not in the third tri.
    Yes she is pregnant with her second child.

    Terri

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Linden, VA
    Posts
    1,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    Don't she also have one in the oven? Maybe it's not in the third tri.
    I thought I had heard they were going to allow her to have the kid before hanging her, is that no longer the case?
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    What you are talking about is how non citizens become citizens through marriage. Which is different that our government recognizing that a U.S. citizen is married to a non U.S. citizen. Also when a citizen marries a non citizen and goes through the legal process it is to allow the non citizen to live and work in this country, a green card, not citizenship. Once they reside in this country they can then apply to be a citizen or never apply to be a citizen. If they choose to live aboard they never have to apply for anything and they are still married. The green card process does work faster and easier if she is here in the country because she has already passed an initial test for entry to this country. If he marries her there she might fail that initial test, causing him years of delays before they can live as husband and wife.

    Terri
    According to the laws of her Country they are not married, they did not get married over here, so legally are they married?

  7. #27
    Senior Member Terri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    According to the laws of her Country they are not married, they did not get married over here, so legally are they married?
    This is were there is confusion. She married in a Christian church, so she is married, but is it recognized under civil law with a license I do not know how that works in that country. She might have a license, but that could be seen as not valid under a fraud law in the penal code making it invalid. Some countries will not issue a license to a Muslim woman to marry a Christian. Her father's relatives do not recognize the marriage, per their religious believes, so they brought the charges against her. The courts are following penal codes based on sharia law, instead of their constitution that recognizes a persons freedom to choose their own religion. Will their high court follow the sharia law or their constitution is the question. She could get a pardon, but that my cause civil unrest causing more problems for the Christian population. If she gets a pardon she will have to relocate to another country because her relatives and many in her community will try to take justice into their own hands, honor killing. You can check in, but you can never check out (hotel California).


    Terri
    Last edited by Terri; 05-21-2014 at 04:06 PM.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Terri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    626

    Default

    She will be able to have the baby and keep it with her for two years in prison. Then it will be removed from her care to the care of the father. At which time she will be killed.

    Terri

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    She will be able to have the baby and keep it with her for two years in prison. Then it will be removed from her care to the care of the father. At which time she will be killed.

    Terri
    This cannot be right. From a lot of posters, America, is the only country jacked up enough to do something this crazy.

    She really doesn't have to worry because it's outside of France's 500 day window.
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 05-21-2014 at 04:59 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •