The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did the US "really" invade Iraq?

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    The dems in congress thought Pres Bush's actions were valid. So much so that they voted not once, but twice to approve it. (Except John F. Kerry, who served in Viet Nam... He voted for it before he voted against it)
    And they voted based on incorrect information presented by Rumsfeld and Cheney. They were fooled by the information given. The ones giving the faulty information knew it was a passionate time and people would vote with their hearts and not their heads. Everyone was angry and wanted retribution. Unfortunately, the US went after the wrong guy in the wrong country.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    The dems in congress thought Pres Bush's actions were valid. So much so that they voted not once, but twice to approve it. (Except John F. Kerry, who served in Viet Nam... He voted for it before he voted against it)
    They voted in favor based on lies and false intel given to them by the Bush admin. They were the ones in charge of the intel community.
    So tell us Bill who do you think is to blame, the one who gives false intel {WHILE SUPPRESSING CREDIBLE ACCURATE INTEL} to rationalize and convince others to vote for going to war, or the ones who believed the lies and false intel?

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    They voted in favor based on lies and false intel given to them by the Bush admin. They were the ones in charge of the intel community.
    So tell us Bill who do you think is to blame, the one who gives false intel {WHILE SUPPRESSING CREDIBLE ACCURATE INTEL} to rationalize and convince others to vote for going to war, or the ones who believed the lies and false intel?
    Sorry to get of thread topic a little but...if you believe the one who lied is to blame, then I guess all of the Dem's who voted for Obamacare will just have to say they were lied too and given false information.
    This dosen't cut it with me. Our representatives are elected to think for us and themselves. They need to READ the bill so they KNOW whats in it. Same goes for the war intel, if they had doubts they should have vetted it themselves. If you don't think they could have been informed of all the intel if they had asked, you are naive. They ALL made the mistake, not just Bush.
    Blackfoot's Tide is Right Pistor
    Cacao Yates
    CD RE CGC CPE L-3

Quote Originally Posted by schusker View Post
    Sorry to get of thread topic a little but...if you believe the one who lied is to blame, then I guess all of the Dem's who voted for Obamacare will just have to say they were lied too and given false information.
    This dosen't cut it with me. Our representatives are elected to think for us and themselves. They need to READ the bill so they KNOW whats in it. Same goes for the war intel, if they had doubts they should have vetted it themselves. If you don't think they could have been informed of all the intel if they had asked, you are naive. They ALL made the mistake, not just Bush.
    Emotions were running high at that time. The war mongers knew it and gave them ALL false intel to get their war started. Don't know why they picked Iraq, when the ones flying the planes were Saudis, not to mention Bin Laden was a Saudi as well. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Should've went after the real threats. Saddam Hussein was not a threat, but they made it sound like he was to get back at Saddam for the failed assassination attempt on old man Bush.

We should've gone after the real threats?

Would you expand a little bit on your threat assessment of saddam / Iraq as it relates to the military forces engaged in centcom aor circa 2001-2003 and us citizens in Europe, Asia and North America?

I would also like your course of action analysis for extremist forces in Iraq circa 2001-2003 specifically most likely and most dangerous courses o action as they relate to us forces arrayed in the centcom aor, and us civilians in the aforementioned three continents.

Thanks for taking the time
    Last edited by jhnnythndr; 06-03-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    And they voted based on incorrect information presented by Rumsfeld and Cheney. They were fooled by the information given. The ones giving the faulty information knew it was a passionate time and people would vote with their hearts and not their heads. Everyone was angry and wanted retribution. Unfortunately, the US went after the wrong guy in the wrong country.
    Shine...like I said before, to accept your version you have to believe that the members of Congress, many who disliked Bush and his administration simply accepted a lie without any verification and gave Bush are free hand....doesn't make since. Additionally, England and others went to war with us based on their own intelligence, not what they got from Bush! To accept your version you have to somehow believe that Congress, English members of Parliament, and others....all somehow were fooled by Bush....this story does not make since when you look at the logic! And if it does not make since, we have learned it simply is not true (Judge Judy Favorite Comment)!

You guys can dance around the logic of this all you want, but when you think it through this dog won't hunt!

If you aren't a bare minimum performance standard sort- you could include Africa in your write ups.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Shine...like I said before, to accept your version you have to believe that the members of Congress, many who disliked Bush and his administration simply accepted a lie without any verification and gave Bush are free hand....doesn't make since. Additionally, England and others went to war with us based on their own intelligence, not what they got from Bush! To accept your version you have to somehow believe that Congress, English members of Parliament, and others....all somehow were fooled by Bush....this story does not make since when you look at the logic! And if it does not make since, we have learned it simply is not true (Judge Judy Favorite Comment)!

You guys can dance around the logic of this all you want, but when you think it through this dog won't hunt!
    i never said Bush fooled them. I said Rumsfeld d cheney fooled them. Bush was the puppet and the rummy and cheney the puppeteers.

Quote Originally Posted by jhnnythndr View Post
    We should've gone after the real threats?

Would you expand a little bit on your threat assessment of saddam / Iraq as it relates to the military forces engaged in centcom aor circa 2001-2003 and us citizens in Europe, Asia and North America?

I would also like your course of action analysis for extremist forces in Iraq circa 2001-2003 specifically most likely and most dangerous courses o action as they relate to us forces arrayed in the centcom aor, and us civilians in the aforementioned three continents.

Thanks for taking the time
    who was behind 9/11? Saddam Hussein, or Osama Bin Laden? Our focus should have been on getting OBL, not Saddam Hussein. Remind me what nation the hijackers were from? Were they Iraqi military, sent by Sddam Hussein, or were they Saudis, sent by Bin Laden? My plan of attack would've been to put all of our focus on OBL, not Saddam Hussein. Would've hunted down OBL, and got the hell out, to save our soldiers from needless death and dismemberment. I commend you forwhet you did over there. You performed your duties like any good soldier would do.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    Emotions were running high at that time. The war mongers knew it and gave them ALL false intel to get their war started. Don't know why they picked Iraq, when the ones flying the planes were Saudis, not to mention Bin Laden was a Saudi as well. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Should've went after the real threats. Saddam Hussein was not a threat, but they made it sound like he was to get back at Saddam for the failed assassination attempt on old man Bush.
    Emotions are no excuse, they all should have done there jobs. I find it hard to believe that Cheney and Rummy fooled them all.
    Blackfoot's Tide is Right Pistor
    Cacao Yates
    CD RE CGC CPE L-3