The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did the US "really" invade Iraq?

Quote Originally Posted by schusker View Post
    Emotions are no excuse, they all should have done there jobs. I find it hard to believe that Cheney and Rummy fooled them all.

Do you think Hillary Clinton has the ability to fool the Dem base?

Don't forget that they used Gen Powell to sell their faulty Intelligence to the UN.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    i never said Bush fooled them. I said Rumsfeld d cheney fooled them. Bush was the puppet and the rummy and cheney the puppeteers.
    Shine....at least take the time to READ my post....I constantly referred to "Bush and his Administration'

Regardless, your comment does not address the flawed logic that requires that we believe that Bush and/or his Administration made up a story that fooled the US Congress, including his many democratic enemies and then somehow the British and other allies came to the same conclusion or believed the same lie....this is simply flawed logic, makes no since and just is not the truth......it is just not logical! If it does not make since, it just is not true....

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Shine....at least take the time to READ my post....I constantly referred to "Bush and his Administration'

Regardless, your comment does not address the flawed logic that requires that we believe that Bush and/or his Administration made up a story that fooled the US Congress, including his many democratic enemies and then somehow the British and other allies came to the same conclusion or believed the same lie....this is simply flawed logic, makes no since and just is not the truth......it is just not logical! If it does not make since, it just is not true....
    Swampy, your flawed logic has been addressed several times! You just don't want admit that you are wrong or too much of a Bush apologist to come to terms with it. Yes, they fooled everyone with the faulty intelligence. If Rummy's intelligence was so good, where were the WMD's?
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Swampy, your flawed logic has been addressed several times! You just don't want admit that you are wrong or too much of a Bush apologist to come to terms with it. Yes, they fooled everyone with the faulty intelligence. If Rummy's intelligence was so good, where were the WMD's?
    Franco...again the 'tea kettle calling the stove black' do you think just because you believe it, that it is true? ...your saying... "Yes, they fooled everyone with the faulty intelligence." is the other logical case? What logic is this? It is a statement of what all the 'wacko's' believe, put out by the Liberal Press after the battle. No logic, just an illogical statement....do you understand the difference?

As I stated again, this is clearly flawed logic because it requires that we believe that Bush and/or his Administration made up a story that fooled the US Congress, including his many democratic enemies and then somehow the British and other allies came to the same conclusion or believed the same lie....this is simply flawed logic, makes no since and as such just is not the truth......it is just not logical! If it does not make since, it just is not true....! Now that is logical....

http://www.minnpost.com/eric-black-i...lot-his-record

You may want to read what Gen Powell has to say about it!

Who cares what Powell has to say. He exposed himself a long time ago...
    Bill Davis

Do you think Hillary Clinton has the ability to fool the Dem base?
    The Dem base? Yep, look what Obama has accomplished.

Don't forget that they used Gen Powell to sell their faulty Intelligence to the UN.
    So you are saying Gen Powell was stupid enough to go along with it? He allowed himself to be used? Sorry, just don't buy it.
    Blackfoot's Tide is Right Pistor
    Cacao Yates
    CD RE CGC CPE L-3

Franco...if you read this article carefully you see that the author is speaking about what he 'thinks' will be in Gen Powell's upcoming book on this topic. He makes a number of comments that are actually what he believes Powell will say, not what Gen Powell actually did say in his book. Below is a recent comment from Powell on President Bush...I included the web address so you and others can read this interview in full context! Note: this interview with Powell was from January of 2013....kinda seals the deal when talking about how Gen Powell now feels about GW Bush and WMD! Franco, maybe you should rethink your position?

http://crooksandliars.com/heather/colin-powell-continues-defend-wmd-lies-ira

By Heather January 13, 2013 12:31 pm

Quote from this article:

GREGORY [Interviewer]: In your judgment, was he wrong on Iraq?

GEN. POWELL: “I would not have called it that. I would have said that what I think was wrong was the president had more than sufficient basis to believe that there were weapons of mass destruction that were a danger to the world and the possibility of those weapons going to terrorists. And so, he undertook military action. I think that was the correct thing to do and it was well supported by the intelligence. I think we did not execute the operation well. Once Baghdad fell, there was a feeling that well that was the end of it. It was not the end of it. That was just the beginning of it.”

They went to Syria, just where everyone on the ground at the time said they did. Syria just used them on their own people. Saddam had previously used them on the Kurds, to think he didn't have any you have to put your head pretty deep in the sand. Its not like Saddam was denying the fact he had them, he was actually touting that fact to all his mideast "friends" as a show of power. Not to mention his blatant disregard for the UN Inspectors.

Swamp, from the link you posted.

"
    As much criticism as Powell has received for this—he calls it "painful" and something that will "always be a part of my record"—it hasn't been close to what's justified. Powell was far more than just horribly mistaken: the evidence is conclusive that he fabricated evidence and ignored repeated warnings that what he was saying was false.

"

Maybe Powell's wasn't set up as he claimed earlier. But, he and they knew before the UN presentation that the intelligence was faulty. And, as we found out, Iraq had destroyed what they had by 1995. Why would the Bush Administration want to push intelligence they knew was faulty?