The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did the US "really" invade Iraq?

see post #120
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    see post #120
    Yeah the one were Franco stated that the vicious dictator Saddam who was one of the most power hungry people since Hitler, destroyed all his WMDs by 1995 because he was a good and compliant dude and the entire GWB administration was able to convince the entire world and even their intel people, including the Israelis that he had not.

Neocons will fall for their myths over evidence seven days a week!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Sure as the founders came from Europe. But the last thing they wanted was to have a system of government anything like what they left. What they created has worked pretty damn good for a long time... Although some are doing their best to screw it up.
    And doing a very very good job of it.........
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

So your earlier babble about Gen Powell was not factual, based on his quote in 2012! Which in fact further shows how illogical your belief regarding the great lie fooling the world really is! Yet instead of re-thinking your position you go back to your G. W. Bush lie story.....kinda helps me understand why you continually vote for Presidential candidates (Libertarians) that will lose! I am just following your logic....which is not really logical!

Liberals seem unwilling to believe Powell when he defends GW's decision to go to Iraq, but they believe him just fine when he says things that agree with them ... like his statements of approval of Obama.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

In 1995 I still had direct knowledge over such things, there was no evidence anywhere that suggested Saddam had destroyed anything. What is your source? Perhaps you would like to pick a year after 1995 to purport your fallacy? I left the military in 95 and my security clearance went with it.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    It's always interesting to me how many folks I meet or hear about who grew up like you did, but end up in America and now see us trying move to the European way of doing things (politically speaking).

Most Europeans that I have met (in this category) tend to lean right and are not happy with the direction we are going.

Am I wrong?
    In many levels you are not wrong, but even with some of the immigrants who come here from "former" communist countries they still have the nostalgia of when the government took care of them and they expect that here as well. Many feel comfortable to tell me about it because they believe that we think alike. None would admit it to my husband who is American born.

I believe that immigration as a whole has also changed - and this is just my poor take on it. The first immigrants came here not for economical reasons only but for the freedom America has to offer. Then you had the wave of immigrants that came here only for economical reasons but soon also changed their way of life. The previous generations of immigrants did not have the internet and phone communications with the relatives they left behind. For me, to call my parents over 20 years ago cost me over $3 per minute. Even with working three jobs to support myself in college I could not afford more than a couple minutes a month. Now, you have internet, skype, 3 cents per minute phone calls or even better a $900 round trip flight. There is no desire to leave everything behind and start anew exactly because of the constant interaction with the mentality you left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Liberals seem unwilling to believe Powell when he defends GW's decision to go to Iraq, but they believe him just fine when he says things that agree with them ... like his statements of approval of Obama.
    The same could be said on the flip side of the coin. Could it not?

we've gotten crazy on this thread. Here is the documentary I watched that started this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbey4hPlrX0