The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 231

Thread: Why did the US "really" invade Iraq?

  1. #141
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    we've gotten crazy on this thread. Here is the documentary I watched that started this thread.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbey4hPlrX0
    You mean the Rachel Madcow documentary?
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

  2. #142
    Senior Member Rose's Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    You mean the Rachel Madcow documentary?

    Yeah I know, I spilled coffee all over my desk. There goes tonight's training! See you Saturday!?

  3. #143
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    In 1995 I still had direct knowledge over such things, there was no evidence anywhere that suggested Saddam had destroyed anything. What is your source? Perhaps you would like to pick a year after 1995 to purport your fallacy? I left the military in 95 and my security clearance went with it.
    Well, the must have kept you in the dark!
    http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/no-wmds-in-iraq/

    And Swampy, go back to your link and reread it! I post the portion where they knew going in that the intelligence on Iraq's WMDs was "suspect" at best. I may have been wrong on Gen Powell simply because I haven't kept up with him after he first claimed he was set up to present bad intelligence. However, I am correct in that the invasion was sold to the USA on faulty intelligence that they were well aware of!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  4. #144
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Neocons will fall for their myths over evidence seven days a week!
    What amazes me is that Bush himself admitted there were no WMD's a decade ago.
    Some of The Bush apologists, however continue to disagree.
    Shows how brainwashed and conditioned they have been by their media spinners

  5. #145
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    2,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Well, the must have kept you in the dark!
    http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/no-wmds-in-iraq/

    And Swampy, go back to your link and reread it! I post the portion where they knew going in that the intelligence on Iraq's WMDs was "suspect" at best. I may have been wrong on Gen Powell simply because I haven't kept up with him after he first claimed he was set up to present bad intelligence. However, I am correct in that the invasion was sold to the USA on faulty intelligence that they were well aware of!
    I know that you believe that we knew that the intelligence was bad, prior to the start of the War. But your sources do not hold water....or pass the smell test.....I have you an exact quote from Powell who you were using as a primary source for you comments???!!

    But, consistent with Gen Powell's comments I have already quoted and those during the time line leading up to the war and all of his comments, taken in full context (he was repeatedly misquoted, after the actual invasion) during and after the war, I know that President Bush and our allies and most of the members in Congress believed that Saddam had WMD's, had used them in the past (this is a fact), and was prepared to use them again. Following the invasion and the fact that we could not find WMD's, the media and Democrats in congress quickly started propagandizing and spinning a story regarding that Bush had prior knowledge. Yet, if you really look at the information available with a critical eye, looking for evidence that Bush lied.... you can find no proof and to top it all off....it is ill logical...as I have point out.
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 06-06-2014 at 10:00 AM.

  6. #146
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,147

    Default

    .


    "We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories,"..... "For those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them."-Junior


    .

  7. #147
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    .


    "We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories,"..... "For those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them."-Junior


    .
    where did they go then?

  8. #148
    Senior Member IowaBayDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    1,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Well, the must have kept you in the dark!
    http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/no-wmds-in-iraq/

    And Swampy, go back to your link and reread it! I post the portion where they knew going in that the intelligence on Iraq's WMDs was "suspect" at best. I may have been wrong on Gen Powell simply because I haven't kept up with him after he first claimed he was set up to present bad intelligence. However, I am correct in that the invasion was sold to the USA on faulty intelligence that they were well aware of!

    Ha, you'll obviously believe anything. I guess I put more faith on the raw intel that I was responsible for processing and communicating to our G-2 division, not some speculation by so called "experts" and political hacks. Until 1995 they had them, they had abandon nothing but facilities that were already out of date or appeared to be abandoned to fool the rest of the world. Unless you want to go deeper with your tin foil hat theory that the Bush conspiracy was on the ground in the low levels of the military and intel communities DURING THE CLINTON administration? By the way Slick Willie professed to Saddam having WMDs all the way up to 2000 as well. Who was fabricating that evidence? Your theories only add up in the tin foil hat circles along with the 9/11 "truthers", you must be a big fan of Jesse Ventura.
    ________________________________
    Dan Cram
    Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

  9. #149
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,467

    Default

    I have tried to refrain from posting here but cannot resist.

    "One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop WMD and the missiles to deliver them. that is our bottom line." Pres. Bill Clinton Feb. 1998

    "If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously deminish the threat posed by Iraq's WMD's program". Clinton 1998

    "Iraq is a long way from here, but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." Madeline Albright Sec. of State 1998

    "He will use those WMD's again, as he has ten times sin 1983." Sandy Berger, Clinton Nat. Security Adviser 1998

    "We urge you after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the US Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its WMD program." Letter to Pres. Clinton signed by Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry and others 1998

    "Sadam Hussein has been engaged in the development of WMD's technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process. Nancy Pelosi 1998

    "There is no doubt that Sadda, Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs CONTINUE apace and may be back to pre-Gulf status. In addition, SH CONTINUES to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the US and our allies." Letter to Pres Bush, signed bu Sen Bob Graham (D, FL) and others. Dec. 2001

    "We begin with the common belief that SH is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the UN and is building WMD's and the means of delivering them."
    "We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons ghroughout his country." Al Gore Sept 2002

    "It is not a question if SH has WMD"s. It is only a question of WHEN he will use them." Bill Clinton ( this I have no source nor date and is only based on my personal memory.)

    All quotes beginning in Feb. 1998 and about 3 years AFTER 1955 when you claim SH destroyed his WMD's, Franco. If you are correct, GWB accomplished an amazing feat in foollig all those who would have had access to US intel. AND HE DID ALL THIS WHILE GOV. OF TX!!!

    My source was snopes. Mj, what is your source when accusing GWB of lying?? Just joking with you, knowing you are a lawyer. I must admit that if I had hit someone on a bicycle with my 10,000 lb. Ford 350 and were charged with homicide, I would be happy to have you represent me. For sure you would convince the jury that the person on the bicycle was the attacker, and I wore a white suit and went to prayer meeting on Wed Night.
    Last edited by caryalsobrook; 06-06-2014 at 10:44 AM.

  10. #150
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    where did they go then?
    Syria??

    (what do I win??)
    Stan b & Elvis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •