The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did the US "really" invade Iraq?

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    "We found them" "We never found them", I didn't lie...... Welcome to Jonestown, drink the koolaid.
    Using your logic, Obama told the most outrageous lie of all when he said that he visited all 55 states when running for President, something that was impossible. Never mind the stuff about keeping your doctor and keeping your insurance or not one smidgen of scandel in the IRS, ect. At least what you call Bush's lie was possible AND HE DID ADMIT HE WAS WRONG as Obama did when talking about shovel ready jobs. I actually find such conduct refreshing when done by anybody. including the current President.

You must have a long list of liars. Tell me which ones that I quoted stating that SH had WMD's in 1998 were on your liars' list, or do you just maintain a list of one?

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Cary, every lib out there knows that Bush had the same Intel that all the dem congressmen and Senators had when they all voted for the war... Before they were against it. It's all just part of the game the play. They and the media had a plan to tear Pres Bush down from day one and it worked so well they (and Obama) just stuck with it along with all the low information, Koolaid drinking followers.
    kinda like what the GOP had on their mind when Obama got elected. Didn't Mitch McConnell say I will make sure this president is a one term president. Ironic how the righties here want to crucify Obama for "lying", yet defend Bush for doing the same thing. Interesting

Bush said we found WMD in the middle of the conflict.............Bush later said we found no WMD during the conflict........ Is that admitting to a lie? He lied that is a undeniable fact.

Iraq denied inspections under Clinton and we bombed the crap out of them without losing one soldier, and they then allowed inspections. When they bluff at having weapons and deny inspections under Bush, we lost 4000+ soldiers and bankrupted our Country, who did it right?
    there is a big difference in being wrong and lying. Bush was wrong, along with most everyone else. Obama either lies a lot, or is wrong most of time. I think he just says whatever it takes to look good or get elected. That's what we get for electing a community organizer.
    Blackfoot's Tide is Right Pistor
    Cacao Yates
    CD RE CGC CPE L-3

Quote Originally Posted by schusker View Post
    there is a big difference in being wrong and lying. Bush was wrong, along with most everyone else. Obama either lies a lot, or is wrong most of time. I think he just says whatever it takes to look good or get elected. That's what we get for electing a community organizer.
    are you saying you voted for him when you say"we" elected a community organizer? Sorry, couldn't help myself there.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    are you saying you voted for him when you say"we" elected a community organizer? Sorry, couldn't help myself there.
    you got me there! I am an American first, hence the "we"
    Blackfoot's Tide is Right Pistor
    Cacao Yates
    CD RE CGC CPE L-3

Just a brief reminder about how Obama really is when it comes to lying and honesty....

THE SHORT LIST OF OBAMA’S LIES
    1. “If we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home, we will end this war. You can take that to the bank.”

2. In Obama’s campaign, he promised to “eliminate entirely” income tax for seniors making less
    than $50,000. Yet another blatant lie right to your face.

3. On an interview on The Today Show Obama during his first campaign he claimed he had won the Michigan & Illinois Primaries, which was a lie.

4. The only involvement I had with Acorn was doing some stuff with the justice department.

5. “My father served in World War II” (His father was 9 year old in 1941)

6. “The American Public Will Have 5 Days to Look At Every Bill That Land on My Desk”

7. “I will make Government Open and Transparent”
    “I will make it “Impossible” for Congressmen to slip in Pork Barrel Projects”

“Meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public (republicans shut out)”

“No more secrecy in my White House Administration”

“You’ll know what’s in it before I will sign it”

“We will put every pork barrel project online, so the American public can see it.”

13. “We got back Every Dime we used to Rescue the Banks with Interest”

14. “No more Illegal Wire Tapping of American Citizens”

15. He promised to “Cut the Deficit in Half”

16. On Obamacare…

17. Remember how ObamaCare was going to save you money?

18. Remember how ObamaCare was going to cover more than 44 million uninsured Americans?

19. Remember how ObamaCare was not going to add “one single dime” to costs?

20. Remember how last year the Supreme Court, led by a cowed Chief Justice John Roberts, finally settled in the affirmative the legality of ObamaCare’s core individual mandate, which takes effect next January?

21. Remember how ObamaCare was going to be paid through a variety of new taxes including one on medical devices, an area in which American inventors and entrepreneurs are world pioneers?

22. Remember the 50 complex state healthcare exchanges that were going to offer competitive plans for individuals to purchase starting in October? According to the Supreme Court, Obama cannot force states to participate.

23. Remember Obama’s oft-made the promise? “No matter how we reform health care,” he vowed, “we will keep this promise: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Mj I put up the quote that you call a lie. "The shovel ready jobs were not so shovel ready." BO. Was that a lie? If they were not shovel ready were they shovel ready in the 1st place? Was that a lie? Frankly I thought it was one of the times he was honest. Let me give you an example that should be right up a lawyer's alley. Should I be arrested for drug paraphenalia, don't you think I will be convicted for drug use? I may have never used drugs and they have no proof that I ever did and say that it is a lie, but I WILL STILL BE FOUND GUILTY. We know that SH produced chemical and biological weapons. We know he had them and he used them on his own people. We know that laboratories were fond that could produce these weapons. If Bill Clinton and a host of other people who had access to our intel stated unequivically that he had them in 1998 and NEVER indicated that he had destroyed both the the weapons and method of making these weapons, and since GWB had only been president for about 9 months and had essentially the same intel as the previous administration, then why is it a lie when he says that SH had WMS's and not a lie when all the others said it? As I understand it, nuclear weapons can be transported in something as small as a suitcase. Chemical and biological weapons can be transported in something as small as a test tube. It takes much larger facilities to produce them. No, I would not have said it the way he did but will say that just like drug parafinalia, the presence of the labs is sufficient to indicate that he produced chenical and biological weapons. What he did with them, I have no idea. To date, no one can say that he destroyed them or what he did with them.

So far, the only claim as to what SH did with the WMS's is Franco's claim that he destroyed them in 1995. It appears that nobody believed that even in 1998. Do we know when and how he disposed of them? I suspect intel now knows but does not say.
    Cary, make every excuse you want. Obfuscate and cloud the issue all you want. That Statement by GWB was and is a big fat LIE!!!

He stated "WE FOUND THE WMD'S" That means it was a done deal. If true we would not be neccessary forall of the apologists coming up with theories as to where the WMD'S were hidden.
    There are 7 billion people on this planet. My guess is that most if not all of them have told a lie. Pointing out that Obama or Clinton or any or all of those 7 billion lied does not change the fact that GWB lied

Some lies are little white lies, and some of em are big lies. This one is a 1000 megaton DOOZY of a lie IMHO

BDS reigns...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Using your logic, Obama told the most outrageous lie of all when he said that he visited all 55 states when running for President, something that was impossible. Never mind the stuff about keeping your doctor and keeping your insurance or not one smidgen of scandel in the IRS, ect. At least what you call Bush's lie was possible AND HE DID ADMIT HE WAS WRONG as Obama did when talking about shovel ready jobs. I actually find such conduct refreshing when done by anybody. including the current President.

You must have a long list of liars. Tell me which ones that I quoted stating that SH had WMD's in 1998 were on your liars' list, or do you just maintain a list of one?
    Iran-contra, read my lips, I did not have sex with that women, Yes they all told lies. Junior's lies were to make his friends rich while thousands of US troops died. Not even close in comparison. I posted one lie that defies logic to try to defend, and just about every Bush apologist came to his defense. Schusker was right when he said there is a bid difference between being wrong and lying, we know Junior lies. And MJH nailed it with his whole post.

Iran-contra, read my lips, I did not have sex with that women, Yes they all told lies. Junior's lies were to make his friends rich while thousands of US troops died. Not even close in comparison. I posted one lie that defies logic to try to defend, and just about every Bush apologist came to his defense. Schusker was right when he said there is a bid difference between being wrong and lying, we know Junior lies. And MJH nailed it with his whole post.
    The statement which you and mj refer was made AFTER we went to war with Iraq. Accusing him of lying after the invasion is entirely different than accusing him of lying before the invasion. If you choose to accuse him of lying BEFORE the invasion, then in order to be consistant and TRUTHFUL you must also accuse Clinton and all the others that so vvehemently accused Iraq of having WMD's in 1998. The intel was the same for all of them and those who so stated in1998 had access to it long before GWB. If Bush lied before the invasion THEN SO DID THEY!! To say or ignore otherwise is to ignore the facts.

Just for clarity's sake, I believe the war with Iraq was a mistake, if for no other reason, because it failed to accomplish its goals and objectives.

I will also say here that I have great respect for Mj. Our differing of opinion will never give me cause to change. Knowing that he is a lawyer and my family being full of them, I do believe that dentists and lawyers use different thought processes in analysis. I was amused that he used the phrase "little white lie". I would almost be willing to bet that he HAS NEVER referred to a statement made by his client as "a little white lie". Any other option would be much better. On the other hand, I would bet that he has never referred to a statement made by the other side as "a little white lie". If the other side made it, IT WOULD BE A GREAT BIG LIE I don't hold that against him. That is just what lawyers do.