The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did the US "really" invade Iraq?

$39.5 Billion

That was Halliburton's cut alone, yeah that Halliburton. A whole lot of young men died so a few rich people could get richer.
    Last edited by mngundog; 05-24-2014 at 04:20 PM.

How much has Halliburton made in Federal government contracts since Obama took office?
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Surely you don't believe we went to war because a dictator wanted our president dead. Just about all of them want that. Oil and selling bombs
    It surely felt good for Senior Bush when Saddam was hanging at the end of a rope. The Bush family does not take lightly attempts on their lives.
    I don't think I smell like a brewery. I was drinking Scotch.

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Shine, I can't see this so could you tell me where this video was made etc. ?
    The person that put it on youtube took it from Rachel Maddow's documentary after I looke a little further. Now it will be said to be spin because of the person who made the documentary

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    Regime change. Elder Bush was once targeted in an assassination plot by Saddam Hussein. Payback is a Bitch.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ine/062793.htm

Historically we need a scapegoat or bogyman. Saddam fit the bill. We could not go after Saudi Arabia, who was behind the attacks on America because of the Oil they provided the USA. It was Saudi's who attacked us, but the Royal Family is our friend.

Remember how our weapon's Inspector swore up and down to anyone who would listen saying that NO WMD's were in Iraq. The Bush administration tore down his reputation.

So yes... Wars are fought for Money and Oil.
    I agree with this.

After 9/11, we were ready to kick some Muslim butts whether they were involved or not. GW was looking for his father's acceptance and Cheney and Rumsfeld were in the pockets of the military Lobbyist.

They had zero idea of the unattended consequences!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    The person that put it on youtube took it from Rachel Maddow's documentary after I looke a little further. Now it will be said to be spin because of the person who made the documentary
    Thank you.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Franco....You finally did it.....

The stupidest comment you have ever made = "GW was looking for his father's acceptance and Cheney and Rumsfeld were in the pockets of the military Lobbyist."

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Franco....You finally did it.....

The stupidest comment you have ever made = "GW was looking for his father's acceptance and Cheney and Rumsfeld were in the pockets of the military Lobbyist."
    Why is that stupid? It is the truth. It may not be a very good reason for going to war, but everyman wants the acceptance of the father and his peers. A right of passage so to speak.

This general scenario has happened since the beginning of time.
    I don't think I smell like a brewery. I was drinking Scotch.

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    Why is that stupid? It is the truth. It may not be a very good reason for going to war, but everyman wants the acceptance of the father and his peers. A right of passage so to speak.

This general scenario has happened since the beginning of time.
    Swampy doesn't want to admit that the previous administration was on the take, and only had noble intentions when sending our soldiers to die. "it was approved by congress/senate to invade". Even though, they were not telling the congress the truth. They knew upfront that there were no WMDs.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Funny how the libs seem to forget that the Dems approved of this at the time, even going so far as demanding a second vote to make damn sure they got it on the record... (And so Kerry could be for it before he was against it)
    You are right....they bought the BS too. Someone like General Powell stands up and says that this is a real threat...can't blame both parties too much. But you can blame one president!