The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Chocolates in the Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Luke T View Post
    The owner Mr Haas was super nice aswell
    You must have confused Danny with someone else!!!!
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

I've trained with Danny and Maestro several times this spring and he is the "Real Deal". What I really like about him are his line manners (very stoic) and his consenstancy. If you look back even at a earlier age Maestro and Danny were Jamming and finishing a lot of Derbies. His body of work so far has been impressive.

I'm hoping to do a breeding this fall to Maestro with Pearl my Roux X Tiara dog. This would be an FC AFC Drake X FC AFC Roux breeding and would be a dirrect line breeding on Barricuda Blue and Ryder.

RD
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

Are you certain you want to line breed on chocolate?
    "Women are like labradors...,they all have their quarks."~Phil Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by jeff evans View Post
    Jeff,

If it is two quality animals with all the health clearances I do not see why not. I visted extensively with a Professor of Reproductive Sciences from Oklahoma State Univ. Vet School and he had no issues with it and said it was a fairly common occurence in livestock and other sporting breds of dogs such as Pointers.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by jeff evans View Post
    A lot of chocolate dogs and performance labs (in general) are way closer bred than that . Roux & Drake are brothers (true), but their lines are pretty spread out in general. Plus the dams bring in 1/2 Tyra and Bonny are far removed from the Cuda Line; and very far removed from each other. Kissing cousins, but I'd rather see that than dogs who line up identically top and bottom 2-3 generations back. I'd probably watch Meastro, (got to see all the health clearances) got to see what he's gonna do in the higher stakes; before I committed to breeding. But the only thing I'd hesitate with such a cross (on paper) would be the choc to choc; However are you gonna get black pups from something like that?
    Last edited by Hunt'EmUp; 05-30-2014 at 01:21 PM.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast) Rip. July-2014
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    HR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

Most of the people in Oklahoma are linebred so why not with the pups? Hahaha just kidding
    kinda

Steve Ferguson has been quite successful with the brown dogs in Derbies. Every chocolate he has owned has been on the Derby List with the exception of his first dog AFC Brinks Bingo (qualified for two National AM's). His latest two Molly and Buster were both on the Derby List with more than 20 points each, and both with Q wins before two years of age. Look for his new pup coming soon.
    Formerly registered as "Southernman"

how does a dog with 17 derby points make the derby list 2 years? aren't 10 points required to be on the derby list?

Um, the points don't go away.

Correct, and he said his dog has 17 derby points in the career. .....I'm not great at math but....