The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: As good as it gets!

Default As good as it gets!

Some may think i am thinking about a pooch with a new title or some impressive accomplishment - but no !

At Christmas Marty and i purchased a new hydraulic lift 7' cut sickle bar mower to cut our pond banks/ points with.
    The old way took two men 2 days with weed eaters and man was it hot.

The new way - me on the tractor for 3 hours cleaned everything up with zero weedeater.
    I am smiling from ear to ear.

Thank you Enrossi for making that mower
    Small blessings that help make your life
    Dk

Very glad to hear it! Bill bought one during the winter & we're waiting for it to arrive (the one that came in from the warehouse was rusty & our dealer wouldn't accept it). Not to have a measuring contest of anything, but ours is the 9' Enrossi-- maybe it'll only take 2 hours!

No more backing the bushhog into the cattails!

What is this thing you call a "pond"? In CA we don't know what this is...
    I would love to have have a place with water.
    Congrats on the new tool.
    Less time with a weed eater = more time training.
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER JH -- Reggie

No more stuck tractors- no more backing up with the cutter- no more weedeater -it was wonderful and the place is beyond beautiful even if it is ours.
    Dk

This post needs pics Dave!. I'd like to see your water.

Well i should know how to post a photo but it seems beyond me - others do it so its me
    Dk

Dave, you've seen my place in Texas (2009 Master Natl site). I bought a 12' sickle bar mower years ago to trim the dam banks. As you state, it's a life saver. Sitting in an air conditioned cab tractor and mowing grass in the Texas heat is the only way to go.

Dave- how would the sickle bar work cutting a field? I'm looking to get something to cut close to the ponds and cut a 12 acre field. How often does the sickle bar need resharpened?

Back in the 40's that machine came with two wheels, a tongue and PTO to run behing our unconditioned JD B. Funny how old things still work.
    John C aka jacduck

Do you really want to increase entries at the Junior Hunt Test level? Simply put a limit on entries and everyone will flock to JR and fight over how to get in and what to change to make it fair for all !!!!!

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

Our water takes about 40 hours of getting after it with a weed eater and doing that 3 times a year. The tractor with a batwing will get some of it but the ruts and then i have been stuck more than once. Around these parts having the tractor in the pond is not a big deal but then i have to deal with the misses.

Not sure where the sickle bar with a lift idea for me came from. Prehabs i saw the guys in the Dakotas cutting hay and they still use sickle mowers there. Anyway Enrossi makes a 5', a 7' and a 9' sickle mower with hydralic lifts. I was traveling though Missouri last fall when i saw these on a lot. If i han't been pulling the TT i would have bought one right there.

Anyway i bought the 7' with the bolt on sicle ( easy to change). It took 3 hours to do 7 to 8 k feet of bank. I am in doggie pond cutter paradise. And i havn't broke anything yet
    Dk