The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Walker cutting a deal?

From the definition, I,d be proud to be a RUBE
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    Too funny, Shines buttons are easy to push. He can be thinned skinned. He got mad and called someone punk ass a couple months ago. Was probably me, I can't remember
    You are correct. I do have easy buttons to push. I am easily angered when I feel I am being attacked. My fire gets lit very quickly, but turns to a slow smolder rather quickly as well.

I know I don't have any friends in Walker's state, but didn't he turn around the states economy? And isn't the state operating from a surplus for the first time in a long time?
    HRCH UH Night Owl's Black Diamond MH "Homer"(500 Point Club)
    HRCH Iza-Gotsa-Lotsa-Go-Go MH "Streak"

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTannery View Post
    I know I don't have any friends in Walker's state, but didn't he turn around the states economy? And isn't the state operating from a surplus for the first time in a long time?
    Yes, why do you think the progressive hate him so much?
    He scares the HELL out of them!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Clone him ! We could use at least one clone of him in Oklahoma.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Ditto....in MO!

The ones that he scares the hell out of are the non-management, front line workers. You know, the ones that actually produce the products that make the businesses so successful. He started with the public workers unions, and since he got away with that, he will eventually go after busting the private sector unions as well. Driving wages and benefits down, or at least stagnating them, while the whole time making the CEO obscene amounts of bonuses and salaries.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    The ones that he scares the hell out of are the non-management, front line workers. You know, the ones that actually produce the products that make the businesses so successful. He started with the public workers unions, and since he got away with that, he will eventually go after busting the private sector unions as well. Driving wages and benefits down, or at least stagnating them, while the whole time making the CEO obscene amounts of bonuses and salaries.
    That is patently unture.

Show one shred of evidence to support this claim.
    You can't, it doesn't exist!

IN regard to obscene bonuses. look no further than the recent revelations about the bonuses for the VA and IRS management!!
    Last edited by road kill; 06-21-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

That is patently unture.

IN regard to obscene bonuses. look no further than the recent revelations about the bonuses for the VA and IRS management!!
    Let's see. Reagan broke the air traffic controllers. Public sector union. Shortly thereafter, companies such as IBP and John Morrell started breaking up the master agreements within the meat industry. 1980s, meatpackers were making $11 to $13 an hour. IBP and morrell broke the master agreements and went from these wages, to $6 and $8 respectively. Meatpackers today are making $13 to $15 dollars. 30 years later, wages are just getting back to 1980s levels. These union busting companies were supported by Governors just like Scott Walker. I know lots of people around the country in the meat industry, and they are scared of Governors of the same mindset as Walker. It's only a matter of time before big corporations start lobbying governors like him to help them bust up the unions. Some here have said that history repeats itself, i'd say that is a fair assessment. BTW, I lived through the entire IBP and Morrell union busting. How's that for ya?

That is patently unture.

look at bonuses of private sectir company CEOs, those are obscene. My question is this. How can a company pay millions in bonuses to the CEOs, while telling the blue collar workers that the company is losing money and the workers neednto take concessions in wages and benefits to keep the company competetive.