The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: POW released in A'stan

Default POW released in A'stan

5 detainees from Gitmo were traded for a US prisoner of the Taliban.

So, did we just negotiate with terrorists? Or could this be fit into a different pigeonhole?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

At first glance, it looks like a radical departure from what has been long-standing U.S. policy. Not sure what the ramifications will be (I fear that they won't be positive), but at least we can be glad that one of ours is coming home. Maybe there's more to the story than just a simple prisoner swap.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

This whole deal smells really bad. Look at the five guys who were released, then look at the story on the us troop that is coming back.

Something doesn't add up

According to the law Obama cannot release prisoners from Gitmo without prior notifications to Congress. Obama, again, breaks the law! Sooner or later he will be dealt with....

I am happy Stg. Bergdahl is comming home.
    a long time it took.
    I knew keeping those gitmo skumballs alive would come in handy at some point.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    According to the law Obama cannot release prisoners from Gitmo without prior notifications to Congress. Obama, again, breaks the law! Sooner or later he will be dealt with....

he may have, but I dont care. lame duck and all.
    guess he has something to thank President Bush for now don't he?
    I mean how make the trade if you gots nothing to trade for, right?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post

We can only wish and hope. Unfortunately until then he will just trump on everything that has made this country great.

I'm with Matt on this ... good that we got one of our own back safe and sound (it appears). Are there other ramifications? I don't think we'll know for a while ... maybe never.

Interesting ... with all the casualties and cruelties in these two wars ... why did they keep this fellow alive? Does Bergdahl have some importance (intel?) that we don't know about? Did he just happen to get captured by some rebels with a soft spot in their hearts for Americans?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Kind of smells like "ShowTime's Homeland....

Many had felt this soldier deserted at his time of going missing. The longer we see Obama as the POTUS we are seeing his true self.. He is an Islamic sympathizer. Now some may say that is good or bad... because we all know the Islamic faith is kind and gentle and teaches forgiveness.... right!

While I am happy a soldier has been freed, his parents overjoyed, I do wonder the motive for Obama doing the trade. Maybe the prisoners released from Gitmo have ben chipped with some new technology that tracks them. I hope.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Dig a little deeper
    You'll find out who "sgt" berghdahl really is.

Former 4/25 NCO regards,
    JT