The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: POW released in A'stan

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Too bad you all wore him down and drove him away the way you have many other reasonable folks who once frequented this wretched place.
    He wasn't worn down or 'driven' off and you know it Buzz…….he left for other reasons.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Too bad you all wore him down and drove him away the way you have many other reasonable folks who once frequented this wretched place.

FWIW, I know this isn't from one of the approved sources, but it is one of you own defending what was done to bring this guy home.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5452003.html

I think all of you who would leave ANY American there to face Taliban Justice, instead of bringing him here to face our own Military Justice should be ashamed of yourselves.
    I think a large part of the objection really comes from who was traded for him ... from all indications they were the 5 "cream of the crop" ... the most high-value of the detainees. How many innocents will suffer "Taliban Justice" as a result of those 5 now able to wreak more mayhem?

Another part of the objection was the Rose Garden shtick ... and the Sr. Bergdahl praising Allah as part of that. Can you imagine how the parents of Ty Woods and Glen Doherty (both also military) might have reacted about that? We already know that the parents of at least one of the soldiers who died looking for Bergdahl isn't happy with it.

Finally, I believe it's doubtful that Bergdahl will serve one day in the brig. Obama will pressure the military not to have that court martial. If that can't be done, he'll find another way out; maybe pardon him. He has to do that to prove that he was right after all, even if it means a few lies.

I read the whole Rolling Stones article. It could be that the author was biased. I don't know that for a fact. He does appear to be taking Bergdahl's depictions as gospel. Did he try to get the other side of the story?

What do I know though? I'm just one of "the fools here".
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

What do I know though? I'm just one of "the fools here".
    Your offense to "name calling" is quite humorous. Please pick any thread on here with a substantive discussion and review the record. What side, left or right, most often resorts to "name calling" and how often is it ignored?. Typical conservative, ignore the frequent name calling and lack of a response by others and then play the victim when one person make a comment you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Your offense to "name calling" is quite humorous. Please pick any thread on here with a substantive discussion and review the record. What side, left or right, most often resorts to "name calling" and how often is it ignored?. Typical conservative, ignore the frequent name calling and lack of a response by others and then play the victim when one person make a comment you don't like.
    Henry, isn't there a temperature above average by a degree or two somewhere on earth today that needs to be reported on?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    This little move will probably be the straw that broke the camels back and bring landmark legal foundation into the picture. They will likely file separation of powers brief with a friendly Circuit Court an attempt to get somebody to lie under.oath. However they may even go a completely different direction so executive privilege cannot claimed and use a nonrelated topic. Lying under oath basically the only thing that brought Clinton down. The Republicans in the Senate didn't have the spine then to do it and they sure don't have a spine now.
    Clinton left office with the highest approval rating any President had seen in their final quarter in the previous half century. Didn't exactly bring Clinton down.

I thought that a couple of these guys turned themselves in. they have been out of the game for so long, will they even recognize the Taliban of today as opposed to the Taliban of their time before being put in jail? Putting them back into the game now, would be like bringing Brett Favre back to face Aaron Rodgers. They'd get taken out of the game pretty quickly because they couldn't hang on the battlefield.

Really?

dnf777?
    David Gibson?
    Mr Perry?

Are you here all week?
    Stan b & Elvis

I will ask again, why is it ok for Obama to target an american with a drone strike without due process, but he justifies trading for a obvious deserter so he can bring him home to face justice?
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A4J11D20140521
    Blackfoot's Tide is Right Pistor
    Cacao Yates
    CD RE CGC CPE L-3

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Clinton left office with the highest approval rating any President had seen in their final quarter in the previous half century. Didn't exactly bring Clinton down.
    That just proves the media's power and real intelligence of the American people. It may have been different if he had put on his big boy pants and testified. This would have been directly in the face to the judge which traveled from Arkansas, which he lied, to take him down.

BTW this is a very poor comparison. This, this is not a direct comparison to Clinton but leaders of countries in general. However, Hitler and Stalin had pretty high ratings by their people as well.

Quote Originally Posted by schusker View Post
    I will ask again, why is it ok for Obama to target an american with a drone strike without due process, but he justifies trading for a obvious deserter so he can bring him home to face justice?
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A4J11D20140521

Could you please not ask any hard questions that requires any kind of thinking or admission of the WH hypocrisy?