The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: POW released in A'stan

Before people get hyper ventilated about the fall-out from Gitmo/Bergdahl , on this D-Day Anniversary I want you to consider how many WWII Germans and Japanese plus Italians were released or glossed over as being war criminals or SS/dubious involved parties. We have to deal w/our pull-out of Afghanistan and as w/WWII the very people we were tasked to kill and exterminate became our "allies." Little people die , money is made and life goes on. Nothing profound here but it bothers me that people forget so much so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Before people get hyper ventilated about the fall-out from Gitmo/Bergdahl , on this D-Day Anniversary I want you to consider how many WWII Germans and Japanese plus Italians were released or glossed over as being war criminals or SS/dubious involved parties. We have to deal w/our pull-out of Afghanistan and as w/WWII the very people we were tasked to kill and exterminate became our "allies." Little people die , money is made and life goes on. Nothing profound here but it bothers me that people forget so much so quickly.
    Yes they are no longer talking about the VA and will get this subject off the table with illegal alien topic in a couple weeks.

And the little people will continue to bluster and argue amongst themselves while they buy their BMWs, VWs, Toyotas, Nissans . Hey I thought they lost the war? I am sensitive on this issue because two of my family are buried in France (US Army), yet another 1st cousin who was an MP at the courtroom trials of the Japanese considered war criminals will marry a Japanese war-bride. He died at 82 last spring and she is still alive. You figure?

And the little people will continue to bluster and argue amongst themselves while they buy their BMWs, VWs, Toyotas, Nissans . Hey I thought they lost the war? I am sensitive on this issue because two of my family are buried in France (US Army), yet another 1st cousin who was an MP at the courtroom trials of the Japanese considered war criminals will marry a Japanese war-bride. He died at 82 last spring and she is still alive. You figure?
    You want to read about one of the little people?

Go to my FB page and read the post I share from a medically retired special forces soldier who spent the entire day waiting at an empty VA clinic in Yuma, AZ to be treated yesterday. The rude woman working there told him she would call him when they could see him. He waited all day. He checked back, they said keep waiting, we will call you. He waited at a Starbucks across the street. As it approached closing time at the clinic, he hobbled over at the b#%&h told him to come back the next day... Tough. The man is in pain and desperate. Go read his post. These people don't give a rats ass and so many are cavalier, including our commander in chief, such as he is. Makes me want to puke.
    Bill Davis

No , I am one of the little people !

But the high-profile bad guys were prosecuted. And even decades later, Israelis were tracking down death camp perps.

In the case of Bergdahl they traded away the high-profile bad guys.

And they said they couldn't notify Congress because the Talib threatened to kill Bergdahl if the story was leaked. Yet, back in 2013 Huffpost had already published on a trade for Bergdahl.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3470457.html
    It would seem that Obama et al knew very well that even the libs in Congress would not approve of trading away the highest-value detainees for Bergdahl ... so they just decided to do it anyway.

Maybe we're all wrong, and the Obama crew knew this would blow up in their faces all along ... and it really was just to get the VA scandal off the front pages. If so ... it's even more reprehensible. They have endangered innumerable US lives to save their own butts in the media. When even Chris Matthews starts ragging on Obama, so maybe they misjudged on how even some strong supporters would find this unacceptable. But raunchy Reid is still hangin' in there with "What difference does it make?"
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You want to read about one of the little people?

Go to my FB page and read the post I share from a medically retired special forces soldier who spent the entire day waiting at an empty VA clinic in Yuma, AZ to be treated yesterday. The rude woman working there told him she would call him when they could see him. He waited all day. He checked back, they said keep waiting, we will call you. He waited at a Starbucks across the street. As it approached closing time at the clinic, he hobbled over at the b#%&h told him to come back the next day... Tough. The man is in pain and desperate. Go read his post. These people don't give a rats ass and so many are cavalier, including our commander in chief, such as he is. Makes me want to puke.
    With all the things like this going on at the VA clinics it is shameful. Now here is a question for future reference. How is the liberal media going to spin the news when the first veteran decides to kamikaze one of the VA clinics?

The VA has be jacked up for a long time. It needs to get fixed. Dems nor Repubs have been willing to make the effort to fix it. It's dysfunction goes way back past this and the previous administration's time.

Clinchy your obsession w/Obama clouds your single-mindeness regarding history's shades of grey. Over the years many guilty Germans and Japanese were reintegrated into post-war society because the thinking was who was left that was not guilty. So after Korea it was the southerners who had collaborated w/the Japanese that we (US) defended and continue to defend. The Taliban and other Afghanis who we tried to kill will become those who we will work with , just like the Germans/Japanese/Koreans. Business as usual. Do you think our babbling here is making a difference? It is only self-delusion. It is hard enough when you are an active player to make a difference.

Clinchy your obsession w/Obama clouds your single-mindeness regarding history's shades of grey. Over the years many guilty Germans and Japanese were reintegrated into post-war society because the thinking was who was left that was not guilty. So after Korea it was the southerners who had collaborated w/the Japanese that we (US) defended and continue to defend. The Taliban and other Afghanis who we tried to kill will become those who we will work with , just like the Germans/Japanese/Koreans. Business as usual. Do you think our babbling here is making a difference? It is only self-delusion. It is hard enough when you are an active player to make a difference.
    Really? You really think that these five Islamic extremists are going to work with us now instead of wanting to kill as many of us as possible? Talk about delusional!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl