The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are the best FC AFC not being bred too because..

Default Who are the best FC AFC not being bred too because..

Who the best field champions right now not being bred because they are carriers? A discussion on another thread got me to thinking. I mention looking at records and a yellow dog named skeeter seems to be one of the most consistent dogs over last 4-5 years but isn't ever bred too. Either is the other dog the owners owns named manny. Not looking for any kind of heated debate just curious of what your opinion is.

I would definitely put Tealcreek pattons saber on that list.

Maybe the owners do not want to deal with all the BOLOGNA that comes with breeding dogs ?
    Discipline is no excuse for a lack of enthusiasm !!

Quote Originally Posted by justin300mag View Post
    I would definitely put Tealcreek pattons saber on that list.
    http://www.hightest.com/stud_saber.php
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER JH -- Reggie

FC's & AFC's are a rare and exclusive club of animals and owners. To get on a public forum and ask who and why people are not breeding to a certain stud is in very bad form in my opinion. The personal time, hard work, money, luck, and dedication to title a dog is daunting and the end product each takes away from this sport is different. In regards to the yellow dog you inquired of earlier, it has been my observation that he & his owner are more concerned with kicking butt and winning trials than how many times he has been bred. Go to trials, run your dog, watch, learn and figure it out. First hand observation is the best opinion in this sport.

RD
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

CNFC CNAFC FC AFC Nightwings Marsh Leader...Guide is one heck of a dog, got a chance to watch him up close when Sherwin was still with us....he is the real deal...very nice pedigree too..Patton on one side, and Cosmo and Carbon of Horn Creek on the other.....
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Farrar View Post
    I know he has done some breedings but not many which is what makes the stats with his puppies all the more impressive. I am on the waiting list for a pup out of Saber as we speak.

Who who is Guide owned by now? Kippy?

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    CNFC CNAFC FC AFC Nightwings Marsh Leader...Guide is one heck of a dog, got a chance to watch him up close when Sherwin was still with us....he is the real deal...very nice pedigree too..Patton on one side, and Cosmo and Carbon of Horn Creek on the other.....
    "Speed of the captain, speed of the ship."

Travis Lund
    Stony Brook Kennels
    www.stonybrookkennels.net
    Foley, MN

Regardless of EIC status, I believe one of the nicest animals running right now is Holland (I know he is clear). I had a nice conversation with Dr. Ed about 2 months ago when I was concerned with the progress of my current dog to try to track down a puppy. He stated that he is not being bred as much as I would have suspected with his pedigree and track record. It seems to me that regionally, 3 dogs are being bred (very nice dogs) more than others.

I am also on board with Guide, Saber, Bullet and I would like to see more Juice puppies too.

David Maddox has a planned Holland breeding in the works and David also has a pretty good track record.
    Just Win