The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: Best Route from Boise to Eugene OR

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Benton, AR
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Don't forget when u cross into Oregon don't try and fill up your truck yourself! Full service only by law!

  2. #22
    Senior Member IowaBayDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blake_mhoona View Post
    Don't forget when u cross into Oregon don't try and fill up your truck yourself! Full service only by law!
    Doesn't apply to Diesel though, you can fill that yourself. Otherwise yes they are like gas pump nazi's!!
    ________________________________
    Dan Cram
    Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,860

    Default

    I always went through bend when I lived in Eugene and would come home from Eugene to visit. I can drive that in my sleep I have done it so many times. I hate Portland so I always went cross country, better places to air dogs and see animals. A radar detector is good when in Oregon.
    I'll second that. Its way faster to go through Bend and through three sisters and every bit as pretty.

    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

  4. #24
    Senior Member Breck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Elverson, PA
    Posts
    2,431

    Default

    Is Water World on the way from SLC to Boise or no?
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

    .
    Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie




  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Faunsdale, Ala
    Posts
    580

    Default

    To heck with the drive - good luck Ed and Holland - i am envious !

  6. #26
    Senior Member Old School Labs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Collins, Colorado
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Take your time Dr Ed, stop and smell the roses and other sites while going to the National Am. Good luck to you and Holland.
    Mark

    Rebelstar's Two Toes Tappin' *** MH "Casey"
    Trumarc's Thrilla in Manilla *** "Laila"

    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    we grow old because we stop playing.
    Never Be The First To Get Old!!!!!

  7. #27
    Senior Member EdA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old School Labs View Post
    Take your time Dr Ed, stop and smell the roses and other sites while going to the National Am. Good luck to you and Holland.
    First day plan Wellington or Laramie, thanks from both of us!

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Prairieville, LA
    Posts
    4,101

    Default

    I have no advice on the trip. Give Holland an ear rub or 2 for me. Best of luck. I expect big things from you 2.

  9. #29
    Member AllAroundLab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    Is Water World on the way...
    What is this Water World? I see people mention it on here and have no idea what anyone is talking about. Wherever it is it must be private or surely I'd know of it.

    If you need somewhere to let the dogs out in Idaho, If you turn off I84 at the Boise Stage Stop just east of Boise you can take them to some BLM land right there around Indian Creek Reservoir, which is most likely dry by now, but at least there is a place to let them out. There is a little restroom building out there too.
    Last edited by AllAroundLab; 06-04-2014 at 09:14 PM.

  10. #30
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    Is Water World on the way from SLC to Boise or no?
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAroundLab View Post
    What is this Water World? I see people mention it on here and have no idea what anyone is talking about. Wherever it is it must be private or surely I'd know of it.

    If you need somewhere to let the dogs out in Idaho, If you turn off I84 at the Boise Stage Stop just east of Boise you can take them to some BLM land right there around Indian Creek Reservoir, which is most likely dry by now, but at least there is a place to let them out. There is a little restroom building out there too.
    "Waterworld" is the nickname of Mr Fruehling's place near Ketchum/Sun Valley Idaho, lots of technical water, have not been in a few seasons so have no idea what his water levels are at...fun place to go if invited
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •