The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garmin Layoffs

Default Garmin Layoffs

Kind of old news but I just found this article. This buy up the company then lay off people off just fries my butt... Then people wonder why this economy is in the shape its in. I feel bad for the folks that got the axe....

http://azstarnet.com/business/local/...7a47f0984.html

How do you feel about the folks that are now paying $100 less for what is arguably a better collar? Maybe we could just go back to making buggy whips.....

Default Collar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwestall View Post
    How do you feel about the folks that are now paying $100 less for what is arguably a better collar? Maybe we could just go back to making buggy whips.....

How do you feel about the folks that are now paying $100 less...... Glad you asked. I'm sure the "$100.00" less is just to get the new collars out there. Soon we'll see that $100.00 savings go away just like the 60 job that went to Taiwan.

Design and engineering will be expanded. Unfortunately, the manufacture of electronic stuff is as much of a commodity as there can be. It is the design that creates value and it is good to see that is still going strong.

What makes it better? The lower price or the more bells and whistles? Or is it that you like the fact they are discontinuing all the original TT designs so nobody will able to add on to a system without reinvesting all over. I'm not a fan of what Garmin has done with TT.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Kind of old news but I just found this article. This buy up the company then lay off people off just fries my butt... Then people wonder why this economy is in the shape its in. I feel bad for the folks that got the axe....

http://azstarnet.com/business/local/...7a47f0984.html
    So your solution is go on a retriever site and talk s--- about a company trying to damage its reputation. And if you succeed what?????...more folks get laid off. I don't wonder at all why the economy is in the shape it is in.... it is easy to see in your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan McClendon View Post
    So your solution is go on a retriever site and talk s--- about a company trying to damage its reputation. And if you succeed what?????...more folks get laid off. I don't wonder at all why the economy is in the shape it is in.... it is easy to see in your comments.

Yup it's my fault???? Good One...

How do you is seel about the folks that are now paying $100 less for what is arguably a better collar? Maybe we could just go back to making buggy whips.....

Better collar? Says who? All I see is a new collar with little gimmiky trinkets added to it that I dont want or need and no other choice of collars that fit mt needs.
    I for one am not at all happy with what Garmin has done to TT. I am only hoping that either Garmin pulls their head out or my existing collar last longer than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan McClendon View Post

Garmin is doing far more damage to themselves than what one little post on an internet forum is going to do.

I bought a spare Pro 100 when I heard they'd be discontinued. I'm not a big fan of a lot of extra bells and whistles I don't want or need. Hopefully I'll be good to go for the next several years.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith