The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: QAA title

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Bon I think we are forgetting the main purpose.
    With AKC nowadays follow the $$$$$$$$$
    As it always does this orgs like akc.
    Just Win

Quote Originally Posted by DenverB2B View Post
    What if your dog got 1 first in the Q and a jam in the open?
    That dog needs a FT title.
    Who cares that in that Open that he jammed there may be numerous dogs who have AA wins or numerous all age points, that don't have a FT title

To get the QA2... The dog doesn't ever have to win or place at any level... Jams at the all age level will work.

They just need to do it two times.
    Bill Davis

you missed my point. an open JAM is way harder to achieve than a 1st or 2nd in a Q. thus one would think that would be more than enough to get the QA2 title.
    " If you dont get butterflies coming to the line you would probably be doing something different."

Thanks Bill. I look at it like that but not sure AKC would view it like that.
    " If you dont get butterflies coming to the line you would probably be doing something different."

Denver you are not quiet right. I could never get a first or second place in the Qual with my dog Murray. Enter my first amat and he jams. When I was in a qual and someone running the open said had a better chance in the open then the qual. The qual judges ??? You just never know. The other thing to consider is that many people are getting discouraged about the organization of hunt tests (MH) and might switch now to field trials . The title does help to encourage.
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH *** 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH ***
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE **(SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY ** ( Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

I am confused as to why you need this new title at all? But that is just me! So far I heard it is about money for AKC and keeping people in the game? Does the other QA recognition still apply or has that gone by the wayside now??
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Epperson View Post
    No word on the internet how the “final” vote went on the QA2 title. However, if y’all are interested you can get now get a AKC title for having your dog take a flying leap off the end of a dock.
    Add to that the AKC is now awarding "aptitude" titles for chasing rats and plastic bags. If your dog acts like it might want to chase rats in a barn it can get a barn rat hunting title or if it prefers plastic bags, it can get a lure coursing aptitude title. in keeping with their new policy of giving any dog with a pulse a tltle, there's now even an advanced Canine Good Citizen award. What's next, a duck aptitude title?
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

The QA2 AKC title is an outstanding method to encourage amateur trainers into the Field Trial arena. My dog earned a second place at an Owner/Handler Hunt Test event and thus became Qualified All Age. We were thrilled. However, that accomplishment is a long way from even finishing a Field Trial Amateur event. The new title is a milestone along the path to the ultimate (other than NAFC) amateur title of Amateur Field Champion. Most of us amateurs who train and handle our own dogs will never earn the AFC title for our dog. The new title encourages participation and recognizes the team’s (dog and handler) work ethic and natural ability at the next level. Those that disparage or mock the new title disrespect the efforts and motivation of the “every day” amateur. Earning our QAA, even at the Hunt Test level, was an exciting experience. We look forward to the next challenge.

Yes, QAA still exists but it is not a title. QA2 is a new title with new requirements for the title. See posts a few pages back.