The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 129

Thread: QAA title

  1. #51

    Default

    Bon, what all titles have you out on dogs or what level are your dogs. New here and assuming you have been around awhile with your knowledge

  2. #52
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke T View Post
    Bon, what all titles have you out on dogs or what level are your dogs. New here and assuming you have been around awhile with your knowledge
    I have never put a title on a dog...I have been around FT's since circa '72..the last FT I ran was in 2011 in Utah and I went out on the 1st series with both dogs in the Amateur..dogs were trained by my brother..I am known more for being a decent bird thrower, good waterfowl hunter...I consider myself a student of the game because I have been fortunate to have witnessed many of the events live and in person both in training sessions, trial tailgates,and almost daily conversations with one of the aforementioned individuals...

    I am the legal guardian/co owner of AFC Candlewood's She's So Fine...after Lanse graciously gave her to me last year, after I suggested that I had a solution to the training impasse that they had reached..Sophie will be retired later this year but I will try and run her in a late summer trial(s) if I can get the extended time away from work
    Last edited by BonMallari; 06-12-2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: more info
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  3. #53
    Senior Member JS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,452

    Default

    So my dog is eligible for the QA2 title 'cause we jammed 2 Opens (one of them with 108 dogs).

    And now some clown can come along and place 2nd in a couple of 20-dog owner/handler Q's and get the same title!!!

    That is the coward's way out!!!!!

    Steve Coburn
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

    Real Americans buy American.



    Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

  4. #54
    Senior Member duk4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    So my dog is eligible for the QA2 title 'cause we jammed 2 Opens (one of them with 108 dogs).

    And now some clown can come along and place 2nd in a couple of 20-dog owner/handler Q's and get the same title!!!

    That is the coward's way out!!!!!

    Steve Coburn
    ROFLMAO. that is a classic.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

  5. #55
    Senior Member Splash_em's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Satsuma, AL
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Just out of curiosity, exactly how many dogs have to be entered in an O/H Q before it becomes real?

    Or does the view while looking down your noses make them all look insignificant and small, regardless of the number of dogs entered?
    Richard Gravely

  6. #56
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,906

    Default

    O/H Q's should be eliminated since there is an actual title now, let errybody play.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

  7. #57
    Senior Member Dan Wegner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    O/H Q's should be eliminated since there is an actual title now, let errybody play.
    So, can we assume your thoughts are similar when considering O/H Amateur stakes? Perhaps those points shouldn't count when striving for the AFC title too. Seriously. Your argument makes no sense.

  8. #58
    Senior Member BlaineT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    769

    Default

    When are they gonna vote to allow a Boykin to play?
    HRCH Hudson River Drake (Possom)
    HRCH Hudson River Saying Grace (Gracie)

  9. #59
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wegner View Post
    So, can we assume your thoughts are similar when considering O/H Amateur stakes? Perhaps those points shouldn't count when striving for the AFC title too. Seriously. Your argument makes no sense.
    O/H Q is and was made to allow for smaller fields with primarily am owners who train their own dogs. It was a great concept but the competition was not what an actual FT Q would have been. I am sure some will argue that its he same but thats just a pipe dream. If you have a new title, compete against everyone or its watered down.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

  10. #60
    Senior Member Steve Shaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Cornish Utah
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    So my dog is eligible for the QA2 title 'cause we jammed 2 Opens (one of them with 108 dogs).

    And now some clown can come along and place 2nd in a couple of 20-dog owner/handler Q's and get the same title!!!

    That is the coward's way out!!!!!

    Steve Coburn



    Kinda like MH

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •