The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: QAA title

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_em View Post
    Are you going to answer the question or continue to reply around it and redirect the conversation?

When was the last time you personally ran an O/H Q? That's also a very direct question that I can't seem to find the answer to.

There's only one RL on EE and if I was a betting guy I would guess they are one in the same, the list of events seems to be fairly short for being so opinionated, if in fact it is the same RL..

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_em View Post
    Are you going to answer the question or continue to reply around it and redirect the conversation?

When was the last time you personally ran an O/H Q? That's also a very direct question that I can't seem to find the answer to.
    Never have regular Q is tuff enough. You need to show me your post where the question was asked originally.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

An O/H is an O/H, whether it's a minor or major stake. Same concept. It limits competition to those who actually own the dog. As for your numbers, I think you have them backwards. Most O/, Quals have significantly larger entry numbers than regular Quals. I'm pretty sure the way the new title reads, that any two achievements that would have qualified a dog all-age also count for the new QA2 title, so 2 A A JAM'S would certainly qualify. You can argue the value of how a dog gets there all you want, but all that matters is they do it. It's not a championship title, but will certainly help to identify and give credit to dogs that have achieved this level of success. It may not mean much to some, but for others it may be a crowning achievement.

Why some folks feel the need to piss in others Cheerios, I will never understand. Guess it makes them feel important. Personally, I prefer to congratulate and encourage them and continue on toward my own goals.

X2 it takes all types to make any of the games work, to some a JH is a huge deal and to some no amount of time or money will step in the way a FC, most will be somewhere in the middle kinda like the QAA title..

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Never have regularl is tuff enough. You need to show me your post where the question was asked originally.
    See post #57 which your post (#56) is quoted.

I can't seem to find the regular Q you ran last either. Care to share that information?
    Richard Gravely

I've ran a couple O/H Quals against pros who owned the dogs along with a couple professional amateurs in contention. It was a pretty watered down test. Tongue in cheek of course. I have yet to see an OH qual be watered down because of its nature.
    Cody's Gunslingin' Cosmonaut MH QAA (Shooter)

Quote Originally Posted by CindyGal View Post
    As an amateur who 100% trained my own dog and recently won 2 Qualifyings on back to back weekends, I shall display the title proudly!
    Congrats you have alot to be proud of, the important part to realise is that there are quiet a few people on here that have had numerous FC/AFC's and have qualified for many nationals, but they have never trained a dog to this level themselves, I don't see where a title that may just be a bump in the road to them, but a huge accomplishment to you will hurt the game.. Enjoy your success and carry on to the next level..

Quote Originally Posted by CindyGal View Post
    As an amateur who 100% trained my own dog and recently won 2 Qualifyings on back to back weekends, I shall display the title proudly!

Cant prove it but personally I think she paid off the judges. jes kiddin Cindy awesome job.
    Wish I were in the market I would love to have one of those pups from Digit and B Bumble!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wegner View Post

Why some folks feel the need to piss in others Cheerios, I will never understand. Guess it makes them feel important. Personally, I prefer to congratulate and encourage them and continue on toward my own goals.
    Hear, hear...we all have our own goals and capabilities.

No wonder why people quit, when people put down title x, y, z. I'm just glad people are out doing things with their dogs and not having fat couch potatoes in the house. Geez people....I didn't realize how many glass half empty people are out there...
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

Quote Originally Posted by suepuff View Post
    Hear, hear...we all have our own goals and capabilities.

No wonder why people quit, when people put down title x, y, z. I'm just glad people are out doing things with their dogs and not having fat couch potatoes in the house. Geez people....I didn't realize how many glass half empty people are out there...

Same can be accomplished with a walk in the park and a tennis ball. You could actually say that the people that feel the need for the QA2 title are glass half empty people feeling the need for more. If I had the title I would be proud of it but don't feel the need for it.
    Us humans are just a PIA. Always something to complain or disagree about. That's why I like the dogs so much very simple and always happy. Anything and everything wrong in this world is man made. Sure there are good people in the world but probably just as rare or more so than an FC dog.
    Personally I am just happy with the QAA designation and don't feel the need for the title. I am a little afraid of what it may do to the game. I really hate to see the qual turned into a hunt test. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the worst thing to happen to both HT and FT is the Master National. It causes huge numbers in the master and entries to be limited and keeps people form jumping up to the qual. I'd rather go to a weekend trial and go down in flames in the 1st series than go run the master national with 900 other dogs but that's just me. I think the closest we should get to combining HT and FT is a DQ with the HT. I think those are fine and give people a chance to try the next level. Other than that I would rather they stay a separate game. Just like show vs field, something else us humans have screwed up and can argue about. I say just go ahead and split the breed it's already been done anyway. I have no desire to bridge that gap either.

Quote Originally Posted by RF2 View Post
    We won an O/H Qual one time. The 3rd and 4th place dogs at that event are both running in the National Am this week. Some kind of watered down...
    No way was that test going to be watered down. But I have never heard so much complaining at a Q about the test being tough. It was a FT we needed a winner!
    And some of the comments directed at me at the tailgate made me never want to judge a Q when its run with a HT. I didn't realize white coats were the devil.
    Last edited by rboudet; 06-13-2014 at 09:55 AM.