The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: QAA title

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    People will think it means more than it Actually does.
    Owner handler Q's will be booming business but not actually true FT's so the title will be watered down anyway.
    Follow the money, next clubs will have limited entries in the Q. What once could be completed in a day and an hour or two will take two full days.
    Derbies on Saturday start at the conclusion of the Q, they will soon start and end on Sunday
    Hope so, more folks competing is a good thing.
    Just for the record I have very fine dogs. Some of the best in the whole country....or at least on my own block anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    You did not say they carried equal weight but you did compare them. RL posted (post #56) that "the O/H Q should not count toward QA2". You replied (post #57) by asking ... paraphrasing here ... "then you don't believe that points from an O/H Am should count toward AFC?" That is the comparison I am addressing.

YOU HAVE SINCE DELETED THAT POST (#57), but see the following quote by you, where you referenced same.

Let's not get caught up in trying to "win the argument".

JS
    No argument, just a misunderstanding. Post #57 has always been Dan's question that I referneced.
    Richard Gravely

HRCH "Hammer" MH***
    Nick of Time Ride Da Lightning (future GRHRCH/MH)

Is this a serious statement?
    So my dog is eligible for the QA2 title 'cause we jammed 2 Opens (one of them with 108 dogs).

And now some clown can come along and place 2nd in a couple of 20-dog owner/handler Q's and get the same title!!!

That is the coward's way out!!!!!

Steve Coburn
    Last edited by Justin Allen; 06-13-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Richard he doesn't run dogs. His time is spent on the internet pretending to be a know it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_em View Post
    See post #57 which your post (#56) is quoted.

I can't seem to find the regular Q you ran last either. Care to share that information?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Allen View Post
    Richard he doesn't run dogs. His time is spent on the internet pretending to be a know it all.
    Ya Think?
    Go back to my original post, I don't not believe there should be a Q title. Is that simple enough for you to understand? You might be surprised by the number of animals I have had my hands on the past 15 years. Secondary handlers aren't going to show up on EE search only the owners so keep searching Skippy.
    Just Win

I don't necessarily believe it should be a title either. I just find it odd that someone that does t participate has such a strong opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Ya Think?
    Go back to my original post, I don't not believe there should be a Q title. Is that simple enough for you to understand? You might be surprised by the number of animals I have had my hands on the past 15 years. Secondary handlers aren't going to show up on EE search only the owners so keep searching Skippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beamer81 View Post
    I'm fine with QAA title but against the QA2

Once you qualify move up.....it's like playing junior varsity when you are supposed to be playing varsity
    But if you move up and start finishing all age stakes, you'd get the QA2 And that's just a start, look for the upcoming QA14, the Q Nationals. And let's not deprive the derby dogs, I'm sure a title for them will be coming soon? LOL, after all, you can now buy MH11 (pick your number). Look for the JH nationals, coming soon....
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Beamer81 View Post
    I'm fine with QAA title but against the QA2

Once you qualify move up.....it's like playing junior varsity when you are supposed to be playing varsity
    OK that's a different issue. What if you're not ready to move up?

I have a dog that won the first Q she ran at a few months past two. Was I supposed to sit around with my thumb ... for a couple years just so someone else can have an easier go at it? You wanna beat me. Go train your dog.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

OK that's a different issue. What if you're not ready to move up?

I have a dog that won the first Q she ran at a few months past two. Was I supposed to sit around with my thumb ... for a couple years just so someone else can have an easier go at it? You wanna beat me. Go train your dog.

JS
    I agree.

And that is why there are rules for how long a dog can run the Q, if ya can't beat them in a Q, you can't beat them in an AA stake....I'll run my dog(s) in the Q for as long as I think is necessary even if they have a win, the rules allow it...talk about wanting to eliminate competition? Next thing you know, people will want those dogs already qualified for a National to stop running until the National....might as well give others a shot at qualifying, right?

And as a side note: I don't like the idea of the QA2 title...
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    I agree.

And that is why there are rules for how long a dog can run the Q, if ya can't beat them in a Q, you can't beat them in an AA stake....I'll run my dog(s) in the Q for as long as I think is necessary even if they have a win, the rules allow it...talk about wanting to eliminate competition? Next thing you know, people will want those dogs already qualified for a National to stop running until the National....might as well give others a shot at qualifying, right?

And as a side note: I don't like the idea of the QA2 title...
    Actually, I believe that's where the logic came from. In a way, I can understand that and some feel it is the same thing with running the weekend Q. I don't follow that line of reasoning.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON