The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: QAA title

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Shih View Post
    A couple of unrelated thoughts:

First, if the Q2 designation brings more people to FT, I am for it. I think that people who are exposed to what a dog can do and how nice most people at a FT are - will want to become involved. And that is good.

Second, I think the the Q is a great place for:

- Handlers who want to participate in FT, but know that the AA stakes are too much for their dogs.
    - Handlers who are learning their craft in running dogs
    - Dogs who are learning their craft in running trials

In fact, there is a part of me that would like to have dogs eligible to run in the Q until they have gotten an AA placement, regardless of how many wins in the Q the dog might have

I have a dog, Kitty (Freeridin Miss Kitty), who got a second in the Q just a few weeks after she turned two. Kitty then won an Amateur two months after she turned two. It was one of the worst things for her. Kitty needed to learn what FT are about, and the Q is a great place to do so. Because Kitty won the Am, she was placed in competitions that were over her head. Kitty is four now and running well (I finished three Opens with her this Spring). But, I think she would have done better, if she had been able to stay in the Q longer.

Ted, agree that anything that brings dedicated (not necessarily more) people to FT is a good thing. I don't believe those drawn to FT will stay just because of the new Q2 title once they realize that there are only 2 qualifications per Q (1st-2nd). FT is more about training than instant gratification ribbons in hunt test give you.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Ted what you say is true although with one caveat: There are those of us that work full time at more than one business and train our own dogs. Time is of the essence. We do not enter many trials with our quality well trained animals, 3 to 6 a year. This extra title means something to me and others that are in the same boat. Its a numbers game. I have trained with top pros and my dogs have never taken a back seat to their 6 day a week trained dogs. It is a love of the game seeing great dog work is what its all about. Makes no difference about the qa or qa2 designation. if it feels good do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nissen View Post
    Ted what you say is true although with one caveat: There are those of us that work full time at more than one business and train our own dogs. Time is of the essence. We do not enter many trials with our quality well trained animals, 3 to 6 a year. This extra title means something to me and others that are in the same boat. Its a numbers game. I have trained with top pros and my dogs have never taken a back seat to their 6 day a week trained dogs. It is a love of the game seeing great dog work is what its all about. Makes no difference about the qa or qa2 designation. if it feels good do it.

H I P P Y
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

I've read most of the responses to this tread and the new title. And it's amazing that many the of people with the most negative comments have hardly ever ran a dog in competition. Six entries!! EE is an amazing thing, not sure what if anything they’ve done in other dog games HRC, ect.....

Dwight Gregory 67 entries on EE and have ran over 70 HRC hunt tests. I’ll keep my opinion to myself.
    Thanks for the new title, have a great day.
    Cold Creek Gundogs
    The more I'm on the internet the more I love my dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Boy View Post
    I've read most of the responses to this tread and the new title. And it's amazing that many the of people with the most negative comments have hardly ever ran a dog in competition. Six entries!! EE is an amazing thing, not sure what if anything they’ve done in other dog games HRC, ect.....

Dwight Gregory 67 entries on EE and have ran over 70 HRC hunt tests. I’ll keep my opinion to myself.
    Thanks for the new title, have a great day.
    I don't care about the new title one way or the other. It's fine with me.

But I'm going to tell you like I've told others. The dog world did not start in 2003 with the advent of EE. There are many people on this forum who have forgot more about dogs than some will ever know... that are not listed on an EE event. If you want to know more pm me. Not sure what it is about folks that think the world started the day they entered it.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post

But I'm going to tell you like I've told others. The dog world did not start in 2003 with the advent of EE. There are many people on this forum who have forgot more about dogs than some will ever know... that are not listed on an EE event. If you want to know more pm me. Not sure what it is about folks that think the world started the day they entered it.
    He kinda struck a nerve huh bill?

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post

I was just speaking with the available data 11 years worth.
    I don't disagree with you. I know the dog world didn't just start and there are people out there that know a lot more about a quality retriever that have never ran a dog competition. But the same people aren't on here giving thier negative opinion about things they don't know or have very little knowlegde of.
    Cold Creek Gundogs
    The more I'm on the internet the more I love my dogs.

Am I allowed to smile yet?

Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Anyone email Lisa Van Loo to tell her we won?

This started in 2005 -- http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...ight=qaa+title

Then again in 2009 -- http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...ight=qaa+title

We won Lisa. We won!
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!