The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: teacher tenure

Davy boy....no need to get your union card in a wad! Not that it is any of your business, but I recently retired! Now I'm gonna go real slow here, so you can follow this part....like with your students...

Somewhere up your chain of command is a person who is elected by a vote of the people....and if the teachers union goes after they guy/gal, because of a principal or district superintendent that the union is targeting....he will either lose the election or get rid of the guy/gal who upset the union......are you following this?? Maybe I should draw a picture....not sure if your reading skills are up to par....????!!!!!

Unfortunately, you are one of those that will always rely on the union as you cannot make it on your own? And the name calling, something your students taught you? So.....be sure to do what you are told by the union when voting the union is always correct! .... Must be the air in California...
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 06-15-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Farrar View Post

Dear CLUELESS,
    Regardless of what Glenn Beck tells you, teachers do not vote for their district superintendent or principal.
    Dave
    Your point is being lost by your relentless brow beating. Take the higher road, make your point, but trying to sling mud is taking away from your point. It makes you look less intelligent than you are and causes people to ignore your posts. By causing folks to ignore your posts you loose. Less personal attacks and more points will win this discussion.

My opinion

Richard

P.S. I am not a fan of unions but they had a purpose 40 years ago. Sell me on why they are still needed. Otherwise I will stay on the I hate unions band wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Davy boy....no need to get your union card in a wad! Not that it is any of you business, but I recently retired! Now I gonna to slow here so you can understand....like with your students...

Somewhere up your chain of command is a person who is elected by a vote of the people....and if the teachers union goes after they guy, because of a principal or district superintendent....he will either lose the election or get rid of the guy/gal who upset the union......are you following this?? Maybe I should draw a picture....not sure if your reading skills are up to par....????!!!!!

Unfortunately, you are one of those that will always rely on the union, as you cannot make it on your own.....be sure to do what you are told when voting the union is always correct! Must be the air in California...

Quote Originally Posted by brian breuer View Post
    Sorry but it doesn't work that way and thank god. I'll handle discipline for my kids. I am against any public sector union and the powers it grants. Let alone granting corporal punishment powers. You can make a case for police and firefighter unions but white collar professionals have no need for union protections. Every single union ive dealt with provided protection for the bottom 20% and took awAy incentive for the truly talented.
    If you can make your kids behave when you are not there, good for you. Your children would be the exception rather than the norm. I've sat in when my kids were in school, and trust me, most of the kids in the classroom had no respect for the teacher and needed a couple trips iut behind the woodshed. If kids would've talked to me the way they talked to the teacher, I would've gotten fired, and probably sued by the lame arse parents, because I would've done what my parents and teachers did. I would've busted them in the chops and when the parents came in, there probably would've been some punches thrown.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Find something new to post............this rabbit is overworked.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Public sector unions provide the same protections and resources as the private sector ones, it really that simple. I understand that teachers vote Democrat more than they vote Republican and that is where most of the hate arises.

Public sector unions provide the same protections and resources as the private sector ones, it really that simple. I understand that teachers vote Democrat more than they vote Republican and that is where most of the hate arises.
    I have never voted Democrat, but please feel free to hate.
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER JH -- Reggie

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Find something new to post............this rabbit is overworked.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...40.j2eLoX90WLs

You have no idea....
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    If you can make your kids behave when you are not there, good for you. Your children would be the exception rather than the norm. I've sat in when my kids were in school, and trust me, most of the kids in the classroom had no respect for the teacher and needed a couple trips iut behind the woodshed. If kids would've talked to me the way they talked to the teacher, I would've gotten fired, and probably sued by the lame arse parents, because I would've done what my parents and teachers did. I would've busted them in the chops and when the parents came in, there probably would've been some punches thrown.
    Nope, I can't make them behave. They're kids, mostly good natured but hardly angels. We get notes sent home and we deal with it. I also try to remember to move past it as soon as we can, don't want to be the nagging trainer. Got to keep momentum up.

But there is no place for anyone other than parents laying a hand on a kid. Oftentimes that is overused.

Private sector unions are one thing. That is a relationship between employer and labor. They need each other and when one side's demands outstrip the other the relationship ceases. Either the employer goes bankrupt if labor gets too much or the employer no longer has a labor force if the employer won't give enough. The employer footing the bill has a direct say in the negotiation.

Now, take the public sector union. The employer is the government. The people foot the bill but the politician negotiates the pay. The union takes dues (paid from taxdollars) to lobby for favorable politicians. So essentially tax dollars are being used to elect politicians who will grant favorable union contracts in return for union campaign dollars.

Guess who doesn't get to negotiate, the people actually footing the bill, the taxpayers.

That is why I disagree with any public sector union. Not even counting the abuse I see by the bottom 20%. Nothing worse for a workforce than someone you can't fire.