The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Cantor is in trouble 57/43 with 60 in

polls are not 100% accurate, but I don't recall one ever being that far off. Dems could have found a way to rally and push Cantor out. It would make sense, despite how strong the next guy may be the system is rigged for incumbents and that goes along way to evening the playing field. You feel pretty solid that it will go to the Rs, but then Eric Cantor felt pretty confident that he would win reelection also. Don't be surprised if something unexpected happens election day.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Why would he be of much interest to many lobbyists? If elected, he will be among the lowest ranking least powerful members of the house.

This election result is great for the republican base and democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Cantor's internal polls had him up 62% to 28%. He lost by a large margin. Is this possibly a case of voter fraud? Has he demanded an investigation yet?
    All that Cantor needs to do is check out the WH visitor log book for Brat's name. This will determine if there was voter fraud.

For the tea party becoming a ground swell. This is right in the middle of primary season with 24 states left and 11 of are are blue through and through.

The R's are trying to save Cochran, from Mississippi, in the runoff but they are having a hard time keeping the oatmeal wiped off his chin. He will not even debate McDaniel.
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 06-11-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Why would he be of much interest to many lobbyists? If elected, he will be among the lowest ranking least powerful members of the house.

This election result is great for the republican base and democrats.
    If elected he will be the lowest ranking member of the house right now, but that will change and if he votes how they want him to then they will help that change and they are very good at helping the careers of politicians.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Hey Zeus maybe Brat has that ole time religion and he could be a "zealot." He could drive them all crazy ! Including us. Cantor touched the third rail way back in 2010 when he became a spokesperson for the Israeli government and promised complete support. He even went after Feinstein for making a separate trip to Israel and she has been pro-Israel. My way or no way , strange considering the 7th District.

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Hey Zeus maybe Brat has that ole time religion and he could be a "zealot." He could drive them all crazy ! Including us. Cantor touched the third rail way back in 2010 when he became a spokesperson for the Israeli government and promised complete support. He even went after Feinstein for making a separate trip to Israel and she has been pro-Israel. My way or no way , strange considering the 7th District.
    Strange how we treat that country as our 51st state.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    If elected he will be the lowest ranking member of the house right now, but that will change and if he votes how they want him to then they will help that change and they are very good at helping the careers of politicians.
    Along with another 10% having the same rank as the lowest. There are 42 members which are retiring this year.

The actual primary results:
    55.5% for Brat; 44.5% for Cantor

That seems like a really significant victory for an unknown contender. Think I read somewhere that this is the first time in history that a majority leader in the House has lost a primary.

There are those who speculate that Ds threw the votes to Brat, specifically to oust Cantor. VA has an "open" primary.

Why? Cantor has been supporting Boehner on amnesty. Pushing Cantor out, makes it more difficult for the Rs in the House to do anything on amnesty, as the D's would like. What if it would take too long for a House bill to be reconciled with the Senate bill? Then it doesn't matter to the Ds which R wins that district. Then Obama will move on an executive order to that end ... (because if the Ds lose the Senate in the fall, any immigration bill modeled as the Ds would want probably won't materialize) and blame it all on the Rs for being heartless & anti-immigration. That seems to work just as well for Obama as actually getting legislation he wants.

OTOH, there are perils. If he issues such and order, and the illegal immigration problems now grow larger and more visible, it could cause a general "revolution" against Ds in the fall elections. It won't make much difference to Obama since he doesn't have to face another election. By 2016 it will be old news ... unless the problem grows even worse each year.

I do wonder of the administration planned on this under-age illegal immigration issue blowing out right now? Unless they were totally in a parallel universe, they had to expect this kind of thing to develop as a result of the DACA enacted by Obama's executive order two years ago, and just recently renewed. Or did they? Did they misjudge as they did with the Bergdahl trade? If they did expect this immigration issue, did they expect it to get to such a high profile and did they expect the timing that would keep it up front through the summer as campaigns for fall elections get into full swing? Maybe they really couldn't control the timing once the wheels were in motion, and they just got run over by their own bus? Or is it a Cloward-Piven tactic to collapse the system? Or maybe just stupid thinking that human beings can be just moved around at will like pieces on a chessboard?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    The actual primary results:
    55.5% for Brat; 44.5% for Cantor

That seems like a really significant victory for an unknown contender. Think I read somewhere that this is the first time in history that a majority leader in the House has lost a primary.

There are those who speculate that Ds threw the votes to Brat, specifically to oust Cantor. VA has an "open" primary.

Why? Cantor has been supporting Boehner on amnesty. Pushing Cantor out, makes it more difficult for the Rs in the House to do anything on amnesty, as the D's would like. What if it would take too long for a House bill to be reconciled with the Senate bill? Then it doesn't matter to the Ds which R wins that district. Then Obama will move on an executive order to that end ... (because if the Ds lose the Senate in the fall, any immigration bill modeled as the Ds would want probably won't materialize) and blame it all on the Rs for being heartless & anti-immigration. That seems to work just as well for Obama as actually getting legislation he wants.

OTOH, there are perils. If he issues such and order, and the illegal immigration problems now grow larger and more visible, it could cause a general "revolution" against Ds in the fall elections. It won't make much difference to Obama since he doesn't have to face another election. By 2016 it will be old news ... unless the problem grows even worse each year.

I do wonder of the administration planned on this under-age illegal immigration issue blowing out right now? Unless they were totally in a parallel universe, they had to expect this kind of thing to develop as a result of the DACA enacted by Obama's executive order two years ago, and just recently renewed. Or did they? Did they misjudge as they did with the Bergdahl trade? If they did expect this immigration issue, did they expect it to get to such a high profile and did they expect the timing that would keep it up front through the summer as campaigns for fall elections get into full swing? Maybe they really couldn't control the timing once the wheels were in motion, and they just got run over by their own bus? Or is it a Cloward-Piven tactic to collapse the system? Or maybe just stupid thinking that human beings can be just moved around at will like pieces on a chessboard?
    Cantor didn't even come close to getting as many votes as he received in 2012.

They say the D's save candidates in all the open primary states and then turn around and say they defeated them when they lose.

John Boehner barely got 60% against two guys which likely spent 100k, if that, between the two of them. He is the speaker of house BTW and should have received over 80% or have not been opposed like in the past.

Going forward for Eric Cantor. I could see him being a pretty dangerous presidential candidate